General Accounting Manager
- Mandaluyong, Philippines153 EDSA Barangay Wack Wack, Mandaluyong City, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMandaluyongMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Duties and Responsibilities
General Accounting Manager are responsible for managing and overseeing accountants under General Accounting and in establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Perform and review accounting
- Perform and review finance an accounting process but not limited to cost calculations, accounts payable invoicing/settlements, fixed asset processing, analytical review, and reconciliation
- Perform and review month end functions such as review of late adjustment entries with proper root cause analysis performed on operational issues
- Collaborate with auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- BA/BS in Business/Accountancy/Finance
- Preferably a CPA
- 10 years working experience in the related field with a managerial/supervisory position.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and accounting software and databases
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 153 EDSA Barangay Wack Wack, Mandaluyong City, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.