- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 5 months ago
- Application deadline
- in 6 months
- Recruiter responds
- 6% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 3 months ago
- IT and Software
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- New Solid Bldg. Sen. Gil Puyat, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree , Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): load balancing, Vitualization, Cisco Routers, MS Exchange, WAN.
- At least 4 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Supervisor / 5 Yrs & Up Experienced Employees specializing in IT/Computer - Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
Skills - Primary
- CCNP certification or similar level of knowledge and experience.
- Understanding of network principles such as TCP/IP, Ethernet, DNS, HTTP.
- Administration and support of the following network technologies:
- Checkpoint firewalls (R77.30)
- Cisco catalyst switching
- Cisco Nexus switching
- Cisco ASA firewalls
- F5 BigIP load balancers
- Cisco Wireless (Prime and ISE)
- Cisco IPS
Skills – Secondary
- Network virtualisation concepts (VMware NSX a preference).
- Strong documentation skills.
- A good understanding, but not expertise, of IT infrastructure principles and industry standards in all areas including computer networks, firewalls, Active Directory, Storage, and Virtualisation tools.
- Familiarity of either Windows or Linux operating Systems is necessary.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Understanding of ITIL standards and the principles of service delivery.
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Load Balancing
Responsibilities / duties:
- Working hours: Initial 4 week on boarding: 08:00 – 16:00 UK time. Then 00:00 to 08:00 UK time.
- On call approximately Saturday or Sunday every approximately 5 weeks.
- Monitor and action the Network Duty Tech queue, fulfil Service Requests, resolve incidents including responding to monitoring alerts.
- Provide enhanced support to the International offices.
- Carry out Networks daily checks.
- Carry out planned system maintenance such as switch OS upgrade patching, restarts, and configuration changes.
- Monitor network backup failures and report/repair as appropriate.
Short term objectives:
- Review network documentation.
- Under appropriate change control, work through access switch updating their configuration to current standards.
- Audit network management systems (Cacti, NAGIOS, HP IMC, Prime, AlgoSec, Scrutinizer) to make sure they contain all network devices and improve the information provided by these systems.
- Firewall rule set rationalisation (after the completion of the Summer Series).
- Improve documentation and processes for supporting the International Offices.
Cambridge University Press was founded by a royal charter granted to the University of Cambridge by Henry King VIII in 1534. It is the printing and publishing house of the University of Cambridge and the oldest printer and publisher in the world, having been operating continuously since 1584. It devotes itself to the furtherance of the acquisition, advancement, conservation, and dissemination of knowledge in the areas of education, religion, learning, and research.