Senior Software Automation Engineer
- Makati, Philippines
- Full time
- Develop and communicate automation strategies both on development and testing areas
- Drive the Test Automation development / developing, selecting, and maintaining our QA tools and standards
- Promoting and driving adoption of Test Driven Development (TDD) and related practices with our developers so that quality can be built into the product.
- Identifying the applications / functional areas suitable for test automation
- Creation and maintenance of automated functional/regression test scripts
- Sharing of automation knowledge with other team members
- Reporting on test coverage, code quality, and related metrics
- Working closely with QAs and developers to resolve defect/issues
- Contribute towards ways of improving quality and collaboration
- Escalate impediments to the Scrum Master / Manager
Essential Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Strong experience in Software Development in Java (3-5 years)
- Understanding of Web Technologies
- Strong experience working across cross-functional domains
- Good understanding of the Software Development and Testing Principles
Desirable Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Graduate of IT related discipline
- Experience or keen interest to work in Truly Agile Environment utilizing the SCRUM Framework
- Knowledge in TDD/BDD/ATDD
- Familiar on different Test Automation Frameworks (e.g. Selenium)
- Experience with continuous integration systems (e.g. Bamboo) and code quality measurement (e.g. SONARQube, Clover)
- Experience running automated Unit or Acceptance/Functional tests in a Continuous Integration (CI) environment (Bamboo)
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree , Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Makati.
- Preferably Supervisor / 5 Yrs & Up Experienced Employees specializing in IT/Computer - Software or equivalent.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.