The Legal and Compliance Officer will be responsible for the folling functions:
- Prepares, reviews, negotiates and finalizes a wide variety of contracts and other legal documents. This includes assisting relevant business lines with contract drafting, responding to counterparty comments, marking-up contracts, negotiating terms, and overall contract management.
- Provides practical legal advice and training on a broad range of corporate, commercial, regulatory, compliance, data privacy, employment, litigation, and other legal matters relevant to the Company.
- Develops and implements in-house legal tools and/or process improvements to support the provision of legal services, where needed.
- Provides legal support in the handling of claims by and against the Company.
- Assists in the overall objectives and deliverables of the Legal Team as well as such other duties and projects as may be assigned by the Head of Legal.
- Leads the development and implementation of the Company’s compliance program that will cover identification, monitoring, and remediation of legal and regulatory risks which include but not limited to the following scope:
- Identifies and manages legal and regulatory risks and proactively proposes measures to ensure continuing compliance as well as eliminate or mitigate identified risks. Recommends effective action plans to address audit findings involving compliance violations.
- Creates and maintains a legal compliance register that details the legal and regulatory requirements (e.g., permits and licenses) relevant to the Company and its businesses.
- Assists in the creation, updating, and cascade of compliance reports, policies, procedures, documentation, trainings and tools to best guide or advice management and employees on compliance with pertinent laws and regulations as well as address gaps in its internal controls.
- Provides assistance and support for ad hoc compliance issues that may arise, including responding to day-to-day queries on legal and regulatory issues.
- Assists in the preparation of documents required by regulatory agencies and coordinates with external agencies or government authorities on compliance inquiries and regulatory matters.
- Monitors and advises management on relevant legal and regulatory developments as well as industry standards and best practices. Considers the Company’s future plans and potential product offerings in contributing strategic solutions and recommendations.
- Provides company personnel with relevant training and guidance to create and encourage a culture of compliance within the Company.
- Graduate of Bachelor's degree in Law
- Bar Passer/Lawyer and MCLE compliant
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience in corporate legal function
- Experience in implementing a compliance program as an in-house counsel is a plus
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to collaboratively work with a wide range of individuals, including senior management
- High level of analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Robinsons Cyberscape Gamma, Ruby and Topaz Roads, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
- Information Services
- 1 opening
About Data Analytics Ventures Inc. (DAVI)
Data Analytics Ventures, Inc. (DAVI) offers products and services that perform deep-dive data analysis on brands, consumer behavior, and market demands. DAVI uses rich data foundations to navigate and unlock patterns that will enhance business processes and, thus, ensure friction-free experiences for customers. DAVI’s platform can identify the right price, promotional campaigns, and product assortment. At DAVI, data is the key to identifying customer patterns and insights. More than just crunching numbers amidst evolving market landscapes, the company aims for meaningful engagement and sustainable growth that will accelerate discovery and action for businesses. DAVI helps businesses get a deeper understanding of their brand and category performance. The company's insights help them determine growth drivers and opportunities, improve decisions and calibrate business objectives and actions. DAVI is a foresight-driven company with a diverse mix of industry leaders and up-and-comers who are well-versed in strategic leadership, data innovation, e-commerce, business development, technology, and growth marketing in its operations. The people at DAVI aim for precision in everything they do. DAVI advocates a culture of excellence and knowledge-sharing among its people. Each one is expected to be the very best at what they do and serve as mentors to their colleagues. DAVI gives its people the chance to be part of the wave of the future, as the data industry continues to evolve rapidly. They are empowered to chart the trajectory of their career and have access to programs that help them continuously upskill. As such, the company seeks people who are passionate about uncovering the value and opportunities behind data.