Manager, Application Design and Development
- Pasig, Philippines30th Floor, ADB Avenue corner Poveda Street, Ortigas Center, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
- Oversees the development, implementation and maintenance of all applications for Data Analytics Ventures, Inc.
- Establishes foundational application development practices and procedures including technical standards, software-coding standards, tools, and platforms standards.
- Continually improves and undertake any processes for development, testing, release management, code management, creating and maintaining technical specifications, and other key processes related to software development and integration.
- Creates system documentation/play book, participate as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design, and code reviews.
- Provides leadership in developing and maintaining data integrity and validity for various applications. Reviews and analyzes existing applications programs and programs in development to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of those programs; reviews requests for program changes required to meet needs of the business owners required by the addition of new programs and changes in legislation.
- Conducts meetings with internal and/or external stakeholders to determine application requirements based on new project priorities, changes in legislation and / or system needs.
- Studies interaction of several systems in order to simplify work and eliminate work duplication by Functional resources. Evaluates current tools, as well as processes, in order to constantly improve maintenance and systems availability, and develop required documentation.
- Utilizes in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design and implement secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the corporation's assets.
- Develops and manage to financial budget for projects and operations.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience
- Experience managing software vendors and implementing large scale systems
- Excellent understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Information Technology
- Experience in planning, organizational and professional development
- Excellent understanding of Agile principles, specifically Scrum and Kanban
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Knowledge of cloud computing principles
- Stays current on emerging technologies and trends in the field
- Comprehensive understanding of change management process and controls
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.