- Las Piñas, Philippines
- Full time
Building your career with CS-PAC Global BPO, Inc. means that you will have a one of a kind experience to learn the global standards of a Shipping & Logistics System, one that places CS-PAC Global BPO, Inc. at the forefront of the Freight Forwarding Industry.
We invite you to explore the available work opportunities at CS-PAC Global BPO, Inc. and find out how you can jump-start your career that make a difference - a career that is just right for you.
Our IT Specialist will be working closely with our client and will primarily act as an IT Helpdesk. He/she is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. He/she will ensure that the system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values. Our IT Specialist will also perform daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
The IT support/specialist we require in Manila office is a junior level, and his/her daily routine will be :
- Install PC OS, Desktop software and other related business softwares.
- Troubleshoot end-user desktop and hardware issues.
- Liaise with local network vendor / ISP for troubleshooting local network problems.
- Provide technical support to queries professionally and efficiently.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
- Adhere to all IT service management principles both from CS-PAC Global BPO Inc and its business partners.
- Take ownership of user problems, performing technical diagnosis, and fix the issue either remotely or on-site.
- Log all calls and maintain full documentation.
- Respond to inquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems.
- Manage the Asset tagging (Asset management) of the IT infrastructure and other equipment and furniture in the company.
- Support user(s) by providing necessary training and advice.
- Arrange external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
- Produce statistics each month.
- Maintain user security on all systems as per company policy.
- Create and execute database backup and recovery policies.
- Perform regular maintenance to ensure the integrity and performance of all databases.
- Repair and recover hardware or software failures.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports CS-PAC Global BPO Inc infrastructure applications.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Manage security access to all database instances.
- Implement and configure third-party monitoring tools to proactively alert staff of problems or outages.
- Proactively seek continuous improvement within and across CS-PAC.
- Manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Participate in a wide range of design activities.
- Design activities that will be focused on translating CS-PAC Global requirements into specific system, application, or process design.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring the following:
- All required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Recovery tapes or disks are created.
- Media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Research and evaluate new technology utilizing current CSPAC IT Architecture process.
- Confer with end-users about database security issues.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Support CS-PAC Global BPO Management team in all IT-related projects and processes.
- Ability to handle software testing tools and environments essential to conduct job functions.
- Strong problem solving and organizing skills.
- First-rate critical thinking and analytical abilities.
- Excellent stress management skills and has flexibility to any exigencies or demands required by the position.
- Exceptional work ethics, professionalism, and empathy especially in working with a team.
- Excellent communication, planning, and presentation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly or has a fast learning curve.
- Must have project management knowledge.
Education & Work Experience
- Must have at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in any of the following:
- Computer Science / Information Technology.
- Engineering (Electrical / Electronic) or equivalent.
- Preferably with 1-2 years of working experience in IT/Computer - Network/System/Database Admin specialization or equivalent.
- Must have at least 1-2 years of working experience in performing System Administration functions.
- Must have working technical knowledge of all application systems and related hardware phases.
- Must be familiar with CCNA or Certificate Holder of CCNA and with one year experience in building and maintaining network infrastructure.
- Must have understanding of server applications, with specialized technical knowledge in server deployments and implementation.
- Must have an experience in handling firewalls.
- Must have handled network projects involving servers, managed switches, gigabit routers, and related software.
- Must have knowledge in a collection of hardware components and computers and their interconnections with communication channels that allow sharing of resources and information.
- Must have an experience in capacity planning and management of all database systems.
- Must have worked in a customer service support environment and can work under a fair amount of pressure.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Data Visualization
- Version Control (Git, SVN, HG)
- Relationship Management
- MS Office
- Computer Science
- Electronic Engineering
- Computer Science [Computer Systems Engineering]
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Graduated from college
- Office Address
- Unit 4A, Polar Center, Alabang-Zapote Road cor. C.V. Starr Avenue, Pamplona, 1740, Las Piñas, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Shipping and Logistics
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.