- San Juan, PhilippinesPenthouse, Henrys Bldg. 80, Ortigas Ave., Greenhills, San Juan, Metro Manila, PhilippinesSan JuanMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Lead a team of Computer Operators which provide a 363-days-a-year computer operations service.
- Plan the support roster, ensure operations staff are adequately and continuously trained to support systems.
- Act as escalation for any critical incidents 24x7 and ensure the service levels / KPIs are met and improved on.
- Work closely with the IT department to ensure all business changes and support needs are fully supported, principally the Computer Operations Manager and IT Infrastructure Manager.
- Batch jobs submission for systems (e.g. JDA MMS, JDE, Synergy), including execution, monitoring, recovery and escalation to support teams or external vendors when it cannot be recovered.
- Manage the dependencies of the run book, logging execution times and alerts, and alerting departments and escalating IT support and managers when service level targets will be breached.
- Monitor all cloud services, systems, servers and networks using email alerts and system tools (e.g.. VMware console, Solarwinds, Nagios), perform recovery or escalate to IT support and/or IT vendors to resolve incidents.
- Provide a service desk (email, phone) recording incident and service requests (in Serio) and escalate where service levels are breached during office hours (computer operations support such as password resets) and out-of-hours for all IT services.
- Provide 24x7 remote monitoring of all data centres and network rooms (all offices) with monitoring systems (environmental monitoring, CCTV).
- Schedule on-site attendance as required to any data centre or network room to provide a remote-eyes/remote-hands support (system re-starts, backup-tape handling, loss of power or network).
- Perform activities to provide high availability and disaster recovery of the company systems to standby systems in Data centres to provide continuous service.
- Provide out-of-hours support for priority 1 and 2 incidents by liaising with business users, IT support, IT Managers, logging support incidents tickets to vendor helpdesks and rigorously following up with all parties to progress solutions and keep the business informed of progress.
- Provide infrastructure support to systems or network as assigned, including supporting incidents, problem management, monitoring, patching, performance tuning, capacity management, housekeeping, maintenance activities, patching, upgrades, and project work.
- Systems support includes servers (Linux, Unix, AS400, Windows Server, Novell Netware, NetApp disk storage, VMware, system printers, Azure, Google or Oracle cloud services, Nagios).
- IT infrastructure includes Linux, Unix, AS400, Windows Server, VMware, Novell NetApp, backup, system printers, LAN backbone, wide-area network, firewall, network and security devices.
- Network support includes servers (LAN backbone, F5, CDN, internet services, DNS, wide-area network, firewall, network and security devices, Active Directory, Google GSuite, Anti-virus, WSUS, SOTI, mobile devices, WiFi, PABX and voice systems).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience running a team of 24x7 computer operations.
- Command line operation of AS400, Windows and Linux servers.
- Basic network skills.
- Competent in Windows PC, operating systems and productivity tools of Microsoft Office and Google GSuite.
- For systems support: Linux, AS400, Windows Server, VMware, Netapp
- For network support: TCP/IP, network services, DNS/DHCP, Meraki switch and Firewall, Cisco IOS, Windows Server.
- IT Infrastructure Libraries.
- Information security knowledge of vulnerabilities.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.