Data Engineers/ETL Developers (Spark/Talend)
- Makati, Philippines6F, Valero St., Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- 50,000.00 - 70,000.00 PHP / monthPHP50,000.0070,000.0050,000.00MONTH
- Full time
The DATA ENGINEERS/ETL DEVELOPERS (SPARK/TALEND) will create and deploy the Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) jobs in the Data Lake to populate tables with new attributes based on the design and approval of Data Architect.
- Provide assessment and estimation of effort needed based on provided Business Request Form.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
- Develop and deliver Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) jobs in the Data Lake within expected timelines.
- Collaborate with various support groups to accomplish assigned pipes for development.
- Prepare deployment package for endorsement to Release Testing Team which includes Solutions Design Document and Operations Guide.
- Perform incident and problem management and troubleshooting to resolve and escalate issues, and lead root cause analysis to ensure platform stability.
- Provide support during stabilization phase of pipes endorsed to production until declared Business as Usual (BAU).
BS Computer Science/Information Technology/Engineering (Computer or
Telecommunications) or its equivalent
3+ years database and/or data integration design, programming or support experience
- 3+ years of development experience with Talend and Spark an advantage
-3+ years experience with other ETL Tools such as SSIS, Informatica will also be considered
Proficiency in the following areas:
o Data Warehousing, Data migration/transfer, Data integration modeling and design
o Relational Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata)
o Experience in SQL and PL/SQL scripting
o Practice system and development cycle
o Experience in ETL Tools - Talend, Spark, Informatica, SSIS
- Experience in other big data tools and environment such as Hadoop/Cloudera solutions, HIVE an advantage
o Operating systems (Windows, Solaris, AIX, Linux, HP-UX)
Must possess good technical and problem solving skills
Highly effective communication, both oral and written
Ability to effectively manage time
Strong interpersonal and client facing skills
Highly accountable in completing assigned tasks within communicated timelines
Great team player and highly motivated self starter
Knowledge in business intelligence tools a plus
Knowledge in Agile Methodology, SDLC, Waterfall or any Project Management
Methodology a plus
- Information Technology
- Computer Engineering
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.