Build the next cool thing with us! Code Ninja is looking for talented developers for one of our start-ups, ImportGenius.
ImportGenius is the pioneer company in data analytics for the global import/export industry. Our trade data is used by import/export businesses the world over to gain an advantage over their competitors. The insights we produce using our trade data have been used by analysts and journalists to predict the iPhone launch even before the official announcement, track counterfeit money flowing into Venezuela, and most recently discover priceless antiques being shipped out of Russia by oligarchs.
At ImportGenius we are always finding ways to build tools that allow our customers to discover powerful intelligence from global trade data.
About the Role
You will be in the company of talented data scientists, software development engineers, and DevOps engineers to continuously build and enhance ImportGenius’ technology stack. Being on the lookout for new technologies and processes to help the team and company grow is part of the job, so as tinkering with big data and machine learning to generate new information and meaningful insights. Your inputs and experience would be highly valued and put into use, so mere coders would not thrive in this position.
- Build efficient, functional, maintainable, and scalable web applications and services
- Ensure high-availability of our products by applying cloud concepts
- Improve workflow by automating common tasks
- Enforce 100% test coverage for our products and services
- Maintain existing products and services
- Contribute to the improvement of the development team
Temporary Work From Home
- Minimum 1-year web application development experience
- Must know and diligently practice Basic Programming Principles(KISS, SOLID, DRY, YAGNI, etc), Design Patterns, Different Programming Paradigms
- Experience in developing modern progressive web-applications and services.
- Experience in writing Automated Tests/TDD
- Experience with Cloud Computing, Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Embraces working in a Scrum environment
- Experience working with version control systems, preferably Git.
- Proficiency in one of the following Front-end frameworks: Vue.js, React, or Angular
- Proficiency in building API services, preferably with a Microservice architecture approach.
- Expertise in PHP and/or Node.js. Must have practical working knowledge in some of their frameworks.
- Expertise with Databases and Search Engines: MySQL, Elasticsearch, etc
- Proficiency with web server configuration(Nginx, Apache, etc)
- Innovative “out of the box” thinking
- A positive “Can do” attitude
- High attention to detail
- Ability to liaise with management and other teams
- Hungry for knowledge and always keeps self up to date
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave