ImportGenius is looking for a Data Engineer to join the team.
ImportGenius is the pioneer company in data analytics for the global import/export industry. Our trade data is used by import/export businesses the world over to gain an advantage over their competitors. The insights we produce using our trade data have been used by analysts and journalists to predict the iPhone launch even before the official announcement, track counterfeit money flowing into Venezuela, and most recently to discover priceless antiques being smuggled out by Russian oligarchs.
At ImportGenius we are always finding ways to build tools that allow our customers to discover powerful insights from global trade data. Our technologies include AWS Spark, AWS Athena, AWS Glue, MySQL and ELK.
About the Job
- Use your creativity to find and extract useful insights from Global Trade data
- Build and maintain scalable ETL pipelines that will perform complex transformations in a parallel fashion over large scale datasets
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their needs.
- Spearhead the implementation of industry-standard world-class practices in data engineering
- 1-4 years experience in end-to-end ETL Pipeline Development
- Proficiency in working with AWS cloud based data tools
- Experience with Python, SQL, RedShift, Spark, and Elasticsearch
- Experience with Hadoop a plus
- Strong experience with Relational, Non-Relational and Columnar Databases
- Experience in managing, analyzing and processing large volumes of sparsely structured data in a timely manner
- Experience designing and building data warehouses and associated topologies
- Innovative “out of the box” thinking. This role is central to the company’s competitive advantage in providing unique insights using publicly available data
- Ability to liaise with management and other teams
- A basic grasp of statistics and probability will be a plus
- Driven with an intrinsic motivation to succeed and continuously improve yourself and your surroundings
- Creative and able to find and build solutions to complex problems
- Background in Statistical Analysis is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills