A Software QA Engineer will be working with the business intelligence platform team to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
Software QA Engineer will be assigned to perform tasks related to systems analysis, quality assurance, UI/UX, database administration, research, project management, project support, and documentation. He/she plays an important part in the product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product version launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. As Software QA Engineer, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Works closely with the business intelligence team in the planning, research, implementation, testing, and maintenance of both current and future system/s and in the design of business intelligence platform
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Manages both controlled tests pre-deployment and live testing environments, assuring the quality of the developed systems
- Maintains and provides support for systems
- Prepares reports and documentation, and provide the support needed during presentation of progress and results to both internal teams, senior management, and external clients/stakeholders
- Learns and evaluates technologies that may be necessary or useful to build or improve systems
- Software Developer will work closely with the head of business intelligence platform and software development lead with respect to project management.
- Any additional responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
Graduate of Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related programs; or at least 3 years of relevant work experience in software development or software engineering roles
- Proficient in Python, C#, Selenium, or other QA testing tools.
- Knowledgeable with using Git
- Preferably with experience working with cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform,
- Preferably with experience software testing and QA methodologies
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Proficient in office productivity tools (word processing, electronic spreadsheet, presentation preparation).
- Creativity - Designing new approaches to solving problems and implementing solutions.
- Communication - Good command of language in both oral and written communication.
- Collaboration - Able to work well with a diverse set of people to deliver excellent results.
- Knowledge of related fields is advantageous: using a BI reporting tool (Power BI, Tableau, Looker) in developing interactive dashboards, Data Engineering, Data Science & Analytics
- Knowledge of the following specializations is advantageous:
- DevOps, CI/CD
- UI/UX Design
- Highly analytical and intelligent. Intellectually curious
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High desire to succeed.
- Positive, resourceful, and agile.
- Strong sense of personal commitment
- Energetic; strong capability to energize others
- Independent and self-motivated learner, open and eager to learning new skills
- Dynamic and flexible
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate (English and/or Filipino) well
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.