Senior Consultant | Data Sciences & Information Technology
- Taguig, Philippines9th Avenue , Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Works closely with the Chief Analytics officer and Head of Data Sciences & IT, working to ensure that Technical requirements of clients are completely understood by Cobena; works directly as the business service partner for managing the needs of clients, specifically, but not limited to discussions with the clients’ technical teams (ie. Data analytics, business intelligence teams, IT experts)
- Coordinates Cobena internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless, timely and on-budget execution of projects
- Prepares/ coordinates data analytics/ IT related proposals for clients taking into account client needs, internal organizational capabilities as well as external resources/ capabilities that can be accessed
- Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility as well as proper resource allocation (current supply, accessible supply as well as current and future demand for resources)
- Develops a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress; managing changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation
- Develops be-spoke algorithms tailored to answer the specific problem statement
- Employs sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods as to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Explores and examines data from a variety of angles to determine hidden weaknesses, trends and/or opportunities
- Devises data-driven solutions to the most pressing challenges including model development for predictive analytics
- Invents new algorithms to solve problems and build new tools to automate work
- Writes programs to derive desired answers, inputs into the design of database systems to allow for robust and efficient database management, particularly for use in scoreboards/ dashboards
- Presents data analytics to clients and engages in a thorough discussion on possibilities; provides further iteration to ensure that constructed models provide “best fit” to the business situation
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts as well as creates programs to automate processes
- Collaborate with data architects, modelers and IT team members on project goals
- Proposes the data infrastructure (systems design, database requirements) required to solve the business problem
- Communicate predictions and findings to management through effective data visualizations and reports
- Puts together a detailed development plan for the data analysts/ scientists and mentors them to help them develop technical and managerial skills
- Participates in the day to day executive management decision making, representing the Chief Analytics officer when the same is unable to attend leadership team meetings
- In charge of developing a team of analysts to help them achieve their maximum potential
- Any additional responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
- BS (and ideally Masters) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering
- With background, experience in database management/ data analytics preferred (minimum 5 years
- Technical Skills (Analytics and Computer Science)
- Analytics - Understanding what data to collect, how to analyze it and detect patterns and links.
- Computer Science - Automating new, break-out algorithmic processes to drive business changes.
- Knowledge of the following preferred:
- SAS and/or R – In-depth knowledge of at least one of the analytical tools available.
- Python Coding – Knowledge of coding languages such as Python, Java, Perl or C/C++
- SQL Database/Coding - able to write and execute complex queries in SQL
- Tableau/ Cognos/ Qlikview
- Unstructured data – able to work with unstructured data such as social media, video / audio feeds, etc.
- Statistics - Seeking innovative insights by correlating data in new ways. (preferred but not required)
- Non-Technical Skills
- Creativity - Designing new approaches to collecting, analyzing and interpreting data.
- Effective Communication (written and oral): Carefully listening to customers, their teams from different levels of the organization, data analysts and relevant staff to come up with the best design that addresses the problems/ business opportunities of clients; can simplify what are otherwise complex problems/ systems/ data to internal as well as external customers
- Leadership and management skills for leading teams , mentoring subordinates and developing talent
- Industry Knowledge: Understanding the way their assigned industry functions and how data are collected, analyzed and utilized; and how these are utilized for effective decision making and performance management
- Business Strategy - Understanding the business objectives, hurdles, competition, goals and futures: getting from point A to B.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.