We are seeking a highly motivated, goal orientated and results driven candidate who has a broad knowledge of the Insurance industry. Progressively, can be trained to process referrals sent through from our Online Platform, liaise with Advisers, senior Underwriters and aligned Brokers. Has the capability to discuss and handle payments and queries directly from our customers over email, through our online portal and occasionally over the phone.
The successful candidate must be willing to be TRAINED to assist clients with policy inquiries especially with their renewals, MTAs and help out in customer retention, as well as assess the support required and action any follow up’s. The Candidate must be able to manage and oversee 2-4 underwriters, assist with their questions, and use their knowledge and judgment to make underwriting decisions that are going to have a good business outcome.
A fast learner and adapts quickly to the process and system.
A brief induction and training program will ensure you have a broad knowledge of our technical solution, underwriting platform, and the industry generally.
- Ensure all work is underwritten according to our Underwriter guidelines and authority levels
- Coordinate complete administrative duties maintain trackers/spreadsheets for reference which is necessary for you and your team's success.
- Be the Lead Underwriter in processing new business, renewals, reviews, endorsements, and cancellations in accordance with authority limits.
- Lead a team of 2-4 underwriters
- Understand Commercial insurance (preferable if the candidate understands domestic insurance as well but not a requirement)
- Responds to email and call policy inquiries
- Manage reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal databases, and reconciling invoices.
- Compile and distribute reports including Commission Payment Reports for our Advisers and aligned Brokers, and provide report summaries to executive management.
- Provide support to Advisers and aligned Brokers on the use of our underwriting platform (overtime).
- Provides oversight and support to the Operations manager
- Quality analysis and spot check on work coming and going out of the entire underwriting team
- An ability to listen and communicate, digest information and report on it in a way that it can be processed by different audiences (stakeholders, lawyers, medical, financial etc)
- Has willingness and initiative to learn and assist the Operations Manager
- Ability to lead a team of 2-4 staff
- 5+ years F&G (Aus/NZ) commercial insurance experience is a must, preference will be given for having Domestic insurance experience aswell.
- Fast Learner and has the ability to keep up with process updates.
- Strong administrative skills and an ability to effectively manage all aspects of each Underwriting inquiry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to confidently handle sensitive, confidential information (such as commission payment reports).
- Experience using with Microsoft Excel is preferrable (basic knowledge).
- Experience using Google applications preferred but not a requirement. (Gmail, Google sheets, Google Docs etc)
- IT savy, we have created our own software and being a bit of a tech guru would be valuable (even just being able to think outside the box when it comes to software and computer systems is an asset)
Perks and Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.