Online English Tutor
- Muntinlupa, Philippines
- 16,200.00 - 30,000.00 PHP / month
- Full time
ClientCom Inc. is looking for highly motivated people with the passion for teaching and writing to be part of our growing team of Writing Consultants!
Duties & Responsibilities:
As an Online English Writing Tutor or officially known as a Writing Consultant, you will review and comment on essays of high school and college students from Canada, Australia, and the United States of America. In essence, you will teach and guide students towards appropriate writing revisions, covering both lower order concerns (e.g. grammar and mechanics, sentence structure, word choice, etc.) and higher order concerns (e.g. introduction, conclusion, thesis statement, organization, and content development).
The point is you will not be simply correcting or editing the student’s work, but you will be teaching students how to write effective papers by doing the following:
- identify issues or errors in the student's written work
- explain why the issues or errors should be addressed
- provide clear written instructions, guide questions, and/or examples/models that will help the student address the issues or errors in his/her written work
What’s in it for me?
- You can control your earnings and earn Php 16, 200 to Php 30,000 every month
- You get to enjoy regular performance-based incentives
- You get to work on a semi-flexible schedule (You can leave once you're done with your daily tasks)
- You get to learn more about other people's cultures and experiences
- You get to impart knowledge and make the world a better place, one essay at a time
What are the specifics of the job?
- Aspiring tutors will undergo a 2-week paid training upon passing
- Only the written work of students will be evaluated (NO face-to-face consultation or video calls!)
- A Bachelor’s degree in any course
- An excellent command of the English language, especially in writing
- Extensive knowledge about the writing rules of the English language
- Willingness to work in Alabang, Muntinlupa City
- Willingness to work on weekends or shifting rest days
- Basic knowledge in computer, online research, and other relevant applications
- Strong critical thinking skills and proven time management skills
- Adaptability to change, commitment to work, diligence, self-discipline, self-motivation, openness towards constructive criticism, and strong work ethics
Preferred but NOT required:
- A degree in a writing extensive field, such as, but not limited to Education, Literature, Communications
- College-level teaching experience
Fresh graduates are very much welcome to apply!
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Communication Arts
- Education [English]
- Literature [English]
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.