Job Summary / Job Purpose
This role is primarily responsible for the Problem Management and Major Incident Handling discipline, ensuring an effective and coordinated processes are developed and practiced across the organization.
- General Responsibilities
- Manage the overall process for a specific problem to solution.
- Works with Incident Manager in identifying recurring incidents which are to be escalated as a problem.
- Coordinates response to major incidents to ensuring that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve them, with minimal downtime to systems and services; coordinates with Service Desk and IT stakeholders to ensure accurate, appropriate, and timely communication.
- Identifies, prioritize and assigs responsibility for problem.
- Bring the right teams, tools, and information together for resolution.
- Communicate with stakeholders.
- Monitor the problem and known error resolution progress and perform required action.
- Conduct problem review and document lessons learned.
- Create and manage a knowledge base to maintain known errors and workarounds.
- Build awareness of the Problem Management process across the IT group
- Ensures Problem Management KPIs are reported and targets met .
- Conducts postmortem review meetings following major incidents and issues a post mortem report to ICT Management
- Graduate of Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering and / or other related courses.
- At least 3-5 years of extensive work experience in related field.
- Solid background on ITIL Processes, particularly on ITIL Incident and Problem management process and procedures
- Strong organization skills and interpersonal skills with ability to motivate people for action across any organization/group
- Good written and oral communication skills with ability to present to Management
- Demonstrable customer management/service skills
Perks and Benefits
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Single Parent Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Work from Home
- Paid Sick Leave
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Transportation Allowances
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
Licenses and Certifications
- ITIL v2 Service Manager
- Information Technology