Service Desk Assistant
- Quezon, Philippines
- Full time
- Provides first line support to internal customers, assisting them with hardware, software, and communications problem by phone, email, and desk-side support.
- Ensures all support calls and service requests are logged and administered using the appropriate service desk software (JIRA) and working to any Service Level Agreement.
- Ensures support calls are escalated to the appropriate member of the internal/external team, using the agreed escalation procedures.
- Assists the administration of staff joining (On Board), leaving (Off Board) or moving within the organization in relation to the creation of user accounts, password creation, email accounts, and security access.
- Assists with IT Assets monitoring and updating, including but not limited to Workstations, Monitors, Printers, Tablets and all IT-related equipment, to make sure they are working properly and getting regular maintenance.
- Assists with procurement and installation of new servers, technology, etc.
- Assists with routine checks of all systems and technical equipment of the school / organization.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
- Required skills: Windows Server Active Directory management, Linux Server Administration, CCNA or equivalentt, General troubleshooting of computer related issues
- Required languages: English
- At least 2 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably 1-4 Yrs Experienced Employees specializing in IT/Computer - Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent.
- Tech Skills: Must be knowledgeable in Networks (LAN and WAN) - CCNA Preferred. Also have knowledge on Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Wireless Technology, Servers (Linux/Unix, Windows, FreeBSD, Mac), CentOS, Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Mac OS).
- Personality shall be honest, dependable, highly analytical, resourceful, can work on his own with minimum supervision, non-linear, ability to think out of the box, has a can do attitude, adaptable to change and has the initiative to perform tasks.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.