Be part of the team that helps businesses grow by providing sales channels within Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Viber, GCash, and other Super Apps.
ChatGenie is at forefront of the Mini App revolution where online transactions are being facilitated within non-conventional eCommerce platforms like social media, messaging, live streaming, and mobile wallet apps.
ChatGenie started as a Chatbot (Conversational Commerce) Platform Product in 2018, pivoted to offering customized Mini Apps (Transactional Commerce) in 2019, and eventually launched a self-service Mini App Platform for eCommerce in February 2020. Recently, ChatGenie was included in the Forbes Asia 100 To Watch List. ChatGenie is one of the only 4 companies in the Philippines that got included in the list.
Since the pandemic started, we onboarded over 2,000 merchants, facilitated over P150,000.000 worth of transactions within the platform, and generated over P7,000,000 of gross revenue.
Currently, our merchants can launch their Sales channels on Messenger, Viber, GCash soon on Instagram, PayMaya, Tiktok, and other platforms. We are excited about this journey and we believe that selling on non-conventional eCommerce platforms will be more active in the next few years.
If you are excited and interested to be part of our journey, this role is for you.
Web Developer Intern’s main responsibility is to learn to develop features for a new and existing web project that can be either backend or frontend development. Candidates must have at least working knowledge and experience with software development.
- Develop features that require either backend and frontend development (We’ll assess which areas do you excel in)
- Work closely with the teams (including design, engagement management, and research) to contribute to strategy and execution that helps meet the needs of our clients on time
- Complete all assigned modules/features according to the Sprint Plans
- Apply unit test to assigned features
- Follow development process
- Research existing methodologies and technologies that projects may require
- Provide estimated timelines for new projects and features and weekly updates requested by managers
- Write assessment for new major features
- Organize assigned tasks
Skills and Experience
- Knowledgeable with RESTful API services
- Version control techniques using tools such as Git, Github, and GitLab
- Must be a team player
- Can perform in a fast-paced environment, team player, proactive in tasks, and mature
- Passion and aptitude to quickly learn new concepts technologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to document technical design and installation/deployment processes
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Languages
What to Expect on the Job
- Work from home setup until end of the year
- 4 Weeks Training To Familiarize with Ruby or Rails, 2 Weeks Learning GraphQL, and 2 Weeks Learning VueJS
- Interns are expected to learn independently via given modules with mentorship assistance of senior developers
- Write down daily progress reports (Journal)
- Due to the current work from home setup, interns are expected to have the following:
- Your own working terminal (laptop/desktop)
- A stable internet connection
- Strong willingness to learn, and fast learner. Shows self-initiative on unassigned tasks.
- Has a growth mindset and willing to wear multiple hats (Along with this job, you’ll be mentored to become a full-stack developer)
- Willing to be hired as Entry-level Web Developer (Optional)
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home