Tier 3 Systems Engineer | Systems Administrator
- Quezon City, Philippines211, Techportal Building, UP-Ayala Technohub, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Cascadeo is a U.S. based technology strategy, engineering and managed services company bringing the latest cloud expertise to clients ranging in size from startup to Fortune 500. Cascadeo’s customers count on Cascadeo as a partner who technically assesses their IT infrastructures and helps migrate mission critical, highly-available and scalable systems into private, public and hybrid clouds in order to launch products and services.
So, if you like collaborative environments and take pride in delivering exceptional technical support to external customers then join the team!
What You Will Do!
- The Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer is a customer facing, self-directed engineering role working within the Managed Services group
- Solve complex technical problems and handle monitoring, customer incident response and the modification of cloud systems supporting global companies across a broad spectrum of industries and technical environments.
- Help in security, process and architectural reviews on the client infrastructure.
- Tier3 Engineers have strong technology backgrounds and are passionate about the latest cloud, virtualization and monitoring solutions, solving complex problems and gaining new skills.
- Degree in Information Technology or other related Computer Science degrees.
- 5+ years of experience providing technical support of Linux and/or Windows-based systems and or applications.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals.
- Very strong Linux systems administration experience.
- Very strong Windows systems administration experience.
- Very strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Experience with virtualization and/or cloud-based infrastructure.
- Demonstrated focus on quality customer service.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly in addition to specialty skills.
- Experience in Perl, Python, Bash, PowerShell, or WSH scripting.
- Fluent verbal and written English skills to communicate internally and with external customers.
- Organized, self-starter, and with an ability to work independently and as a team member to follow through on issues under minimal supervision.
- Reliable attendance and able to work graveyard shifts.
- Ability to work from office in TechnoHub area of Quezon City.
Highly Desired Experience:
- Experience with monitoring solutions is a plus.
- Zenoss, Cloudwatch, Nagios, New Relic, Pingdom, DataDog, SolarWinds, Science Logic, Zabbix, Icinga, Cacti, NeDi, Observium other Open Source monitoring systems.
- Network administration a plus.
- Experience in managing database systems and clusters
- Jenkins, Chef, Puppet automation experience a plus.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Transportation Allowances
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Stock Options
- Linux Server
- MS SQL Server
- Windows Server
- SERVER Administration
- Computer System Administration
- Database System Administration (DBA)
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 211, Techportal Building, UP-Ayala Technohub, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- IT and Software
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.