The DevOps Engineer is responsible for delivering high-quality, reliable, and stable infrastructure technologies and security capabilities. This position is accountable for the installation, configuration, monitoring, analysis, maintenance, and technical support of the platform.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Support the platform development team and perform activities to resolve developer issues in a timely and accurate fashion
- Engineer build and release processes
- Ability to effectively manage and partner with technology vendors to deliver against business objectives
- Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
- Implements all technologies in accordance with Information Security's guiding principles for highly sensitive data
- Provide high-availability operational support and automate solutions across the environment
- Implements deep telemetry capabilities to provide ongoing success and performance metrics
- Is knowledgeable in Operational IT Management to include Change Management, Release Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management
- Implements service monitoring across all platforms to ensure continuous availability and operational continuity of critical systems
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing high capacity, redundant, and mission critical environments
- Uphold company policies, and legal/regulatory requirements, such as PCI
- Implements and maintains system configurations and baselines to support secure application development software control best practices and standards
- Understanding of Information Security with experience in the fields of network security, endpoint security, identity management, access control, cloud security and/or cryptography
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and cross-functional team environment
- Strong technical background and understanding in the areas of enterprise infrastructure and information security
Ideally, you possess experience and in-depth understanding of the following:
- Linux and Windows systems administration
- Configuration / orchestration tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.
- Distributed message passing development: Celery, Kafka, AMQP
- API development: REST/SOAP, Node.js, API specification (Swagger)
- Basic network debugging: DPI of TCP/IP, Load balancers, VLAN, IP sub netting, proxies and firewalls
- Analytics, Monitoring and logging: ELK, Zenoss
- VM, Containers, Event-driven/server-less: VMWare, Xen, KVM, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda
- Servers: Jetty, Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, LDAP services, etc.
- MS servers: Active Directory, MSSQL, IIS, Access
- CI/CD: Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis etc.
- Cloud: AWS, GCE, Azure
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.