- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 14 days ago
- Application deadline
- in a month
- Recruiter responds
- 93% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 4 hours ago
- Computer Software / Engineering
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Legaspi Village, Makati, Philippines
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in general accounting or similar function;
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant;
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online (QBO);
- Strong knowledge in taxation and general accounting;
- Passion for joining a fast-paced, global start-up organization.
We are looking for Accountants who will work with Canva's Finance team and support general accounting local and global lifecycle. The role will focus on ensuring accuracy across financial preparations, documentations, and reconciliations.
You will work closely with the Finance team in Manila and Sydney, composed of the Assistant Controller, Financial Analyst, Accountant, and Bookkeeper. While most of your efforts will be focused on supporting Manila operations - there will be instances where Sydney operation will need to be supported.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure every financial transaction is accurately documented
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled by the 10th of the month
- Review of monthly account checks prepared by the bookkeeper
- Preparation of contractor payment calculations
- Preparation of monthly payroll reports & remittances of Philhealth, Pag-ibig, and SSS
- Supplier onboarding and invoice management
- Cheque preparation and administrative bank processes
- Review asset register and take up depreciation on monthly basis
- Monthly checking of inventory of Fixed Assets & Kitchen Inventories
- Reconcile monthly budgets to actual expenditure and perform variance analysis.
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Gym Membership
- Stock Options
Canva is an online graphic design platform, and is also one of today's fastest-growing organisations in the start-up scene. We create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time. Since our launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, and the journey has only just begun.
Why join us? Being part of Canva is being part of a global design revolution. We are driven by direction and passion, fueled by open, collaborative, and like-minded people who aim to make a change in the world. Our work environment is truly unique and unconventional, as we celebrate diversity, productivity, and creativity. We also like to reward our team members with healthy meals every day as prepared by our in-house chef!