At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2014, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 200 million designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
Canva’s Customer Happiness team are the face of a platform used by millions of people every day. With over 10 million active users, we strive to make each and every customer happy. The team interacts with our users to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about Canva and its features. Customer happiness is what gets us up in the morning! Our aim is to provide excellent customer service and to promote this idea throughout the organisation.
Manila focus responsibilities:
- Preparation and/or review of Canva’s monthly, quarterly and annual company tax returns and other compliance items
- Identify and advise on tax implications on activities undertaken by Canva Manila
- Review of Canva’s tax processes. Where appropriate, recommend and implement process improvements
Global focus responsibilities:
- Administrative support to Canva group’s Research and Development efforts
- Managing Canva group’s global tax compliance efforts by meeting any registration/filing requirements
- Managing Canva group’s global workforce from a tax perspective to ensure we comply with local employment tax laws
- Ad-hoc advisory support (research, position paper) to Tax Manager on Canva group’s global tax projects
- Preparation of month-end tax calculations and reporting for global entities
- Other than the specified tasks above, you will also be expected to provide ad-hoc support to other tasks as required.
About the candidate
We’re looking for people with the passion and hunger to solve problems. You need great attention to detail, and an ability put yourself in other people’s shoes. We need someone who loves challenges and is adaptable to change. Do you want to work within a cross-cultural, customer-oriented organisation? Yes? Then we would love to hear from you!
Are you a fresh graduate? Don't be overwhelmed! This role is also open to fresh graduates and junior candidates!
You'd love this role if you have...
- A Bachelor’s/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent
- 2-5 years of tax experience in either shared service center/captive BPO and/or accounting/audit/consultancy firm or an in-house tax role
- Working experience in supporting multiple clients/countries
- CPA or any applicable professional certification (preferred)
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Gym Membership
- Stock Options
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Coherco Corporate Center, V.A. Rufino Street, Legazpi Village, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Computer Software / Engineering
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
About Canva Solutions, Inc.
Canva is an online graphic design platform, and is also one of today's fastest-growing organisations in the start-up scene. We create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time. Since our launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, and the journey has only just begun.
Why join us? Being part of Canva is being part of a global design revolution. We are driven by direction and passion, fueled by open, collaborative, and like-minded people who aim to make a change in the world. Our work environment is truly unique and unconventional, as we celebrate diversity, productivity, and creativity. We also like to reward our team members with healthy meals every day as prepared by our in-house chef! Get to know more about our culture and what it's like working at Canva! http://bit.ly/canvaculture Follow us on Instagram: @canva @canvafusionmnl