Junior Legal Officer
- Parañaque, Philippines3/F, Formation Bldg. B, Amvel City Business Park, Parañaque, NCR, PhilippinesParañaqueNCRPhilippines
- Full time
This position is the entry level role in the Legal team, and will work closely with Finance, HR and other Departments. Under the guidance of the Legal Manager, the Junior Legal Specialist builds knowledge of the organization, its processes and customers, as well as Bollore’s compliance framework, policies and standards, while assisting in the implementation of compliance programs. He/She provides subject matter expertise, advise and assistance in the end to end processing of requirements with government agencies.
- In charge of processing and securing permits, licenses, bonds needed by the company and contracts with customers.
- Prepare all government requirements for registration/de-registration and ensure timely submission with the government authorities.
- He/ She will assist the Legal Manager in reviewing all types of contracts and agreements relative to but not limited to sales, maintenance services, installation contracts, non-disclosure agreements, as well as supplier/subcontractor agreements.
- He/ She will perform research and collect information from jurisprudence of local and international laws to keep management up to date on new business laws and regulations.
- Assist in handling and processing claims against the Company.
- He/ She will assist the Legal Manager in representing the company in DOLE, NLRC conciliations/hearings and in other government court hearings/investigations as may be required.
- He/ She will assist the Credit and Collection in preparing collection letters to clients with delinquent/problematic accounts requiring legal action.
- Monitors and follows-up the status of legal cases
- Coordinates and schedules meetings with external legal counsels and with key officers within the organization.
- Processes payment of legal fees of external counsels and other incidental expenses related to Legal Department.
- Provides assistance during legal meetings by preparing agenda, taking down & transcribing minutes of meeting.
- Prepares monthly status report of all pending legal cases for submission to Management.
- Maintains an effective and systematic filing system.
- He/ She will also assist the Legal Manager in ensuring compliance to relative, but not limited to:
- Corporate Laws/Ethics
- Code of Conduct
- Security Control
- Information Management
- General Internal Controls
- QHSE Management
- Labor Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Distribution Compliance
- Records Management
- Social Media
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Reputation Risk
- Supports the handling of internal/external inquiries and requests for compliance and legal assistance
- Perform other task/s that may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the Legal Manager or Management.
- Must be a Lawyer.
- Willing to work in Paranaque City.
- Background in Compliance, Risk, Audit, Fraud or Legal is an advantage
- Must have related experience in handling legal issues preferably from a law firm
- Must have knowledge in Labor Laws, Property Laws, Corporate Governance matters, and contract preparation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of corporate internal administrative or operational processes
- Must have exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a keen attention to details, excellent organizational skills, and discretion on confidential information
- Must have outstanding leadership skills
- Highest degree of integrity
- Job level
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level
- Job category
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- 3/F, Formation Bldg. B, Amvel City Business Park, Parañaque, NCR, Philippines
- General Services
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.