- Pasig, PhilippinesUnit 501-505, Unit 501-505, 5th floor of Hanston Building, Emerald Ave., Ortigas Center,, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
WHAT IS YOUR ROLE
As a Data Engineer, you will set up data pipelines architectures, pull data from different data sources and provide ready to use data sets for our Data Science team. You would be in charge of the extract-transform-load (ETL) process not only for all of Boldr’s data but some of our clients’ as well. You will also assure that our all the databases that you handle are up to par in terms of performance, integrity, and security. Be Boldr’s first Data Engineer.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Control access permissions and privileges across all databases you handle
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Proficient in computer applications.
- Analytical and a problem solver.
- A strong English Communicator - both written and oral.
- Able to multitask and prioritize.
- Adaptable to change and attentive to detail.
- Able to work in a team environment, but can also work independently.
- Detail oriented; highly organized; ability to prioritize and set expectations
- Familiar with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design
- Willing to be flexible in hours of work to meet deadlines that may occasionally require long hours and/or weekend hours
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related majors.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- At least three years of experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- At least two years experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- At least two years of experience with RESTful Services and APIs
- A general understanding of the Philippines Data Privacy Act
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Database System Administration (DBA)
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Unit 501-505, 5th floor of Hanston Building, Emerald Ave., Ortigas Center,, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Business Process Outsourcing
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
Boldr | Outsourcing With Impact.
Boldr is a purpose-driven outsourcing partner to fast-growing businesses. We provide custom solutions in Customer Experience, Data Management, and Sales Enablement.
At Boldr, we foster an environment where the energetic, the curious, and the passionate thrive. We never shy away from difficulties and have fun taking them on. We see challenges as opportunities to learn because we believe that the finest blades are forged in fire. Our door is always open to like-minded individuals who are looking for a new and exciting BPO culture — ordinary is not in our vocabulary.
If you’re bold enough and want to contribute to making a lasting impact, we want you!