Senior Network Engineer | Design and Implementation
- Makati, Philippines
- Full time
- Define technology standards, work on cross functional porject teams and trouble-shoot complex issues.
- Create solutions operational documentation that can be managed by the client operations team.
- Manage cristical service desk incidents within SLA, providing leadership in troubleshooting.
- Plan, coordinate, structure and execute complex tasks that involve multiple teams and technologies.
- Work with project managers to define and deliver project tasks on time and budger, tracking and reporting time as required.
- Cisco Networking Technologies (4 years)
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to create presentations in Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to extract, transform, and pivot large amounts of data using Microsoft Excel
- Experience creating multi-page reports, operating procedures, and other documentation using Microsoft Word.
- Very strong written and verbal English
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to lead groups of engineers on triage calls, communicate updates/status to business liaisons and IT Managers, and be seen as a leader.
Additional Requirements: At least two of the following
Cisco LAN Switches (4 years)
- Experience configuring and managing core switches – Cisco Catalyst 4500x, 4500, 6509
- Experience configuring and managing access switches – Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750, 3850, 4500
- Experience managing and configuring switch stacks and chassis based switches
- Experience managing and configuring Cisco Virtual Switching System VSS
- Experience with routing distribution protocols such as EIGRP
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting in complex LAN environments
WAN Routing (4 years)
- Demonstrated experience with large complex WAN environments
- Working knowledge of BGP routing in a multi-carrier environment
- Proven ability to manage and interact with carrier support centers and engineers when designing and implementing solutions
- Working knowledge of WAN QoS policy design and management
- Knowledge of new WAN technologies such as iWAN and performance routing
WAN Optimization (4 years)
- Working knowledge of Riverbed WAN optimization technology
- Ability to manage WAN optimization policy across multiple locations
- Experience in managing devices through the central controller
- Experience with MAPI and e-mail optimization
Datacenter Networking (4 years)
- Demonstrated experience with Cisco Nexus equipment and NXOS operating environments
- Demonstrated experience in a complex VLAN environment with the ability to manage VLAN on port channels and trunks in a zero downtime environment
- Working knowledge of Nexus 7000, 5000 and 2000 environments
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS FI environments connected to Nexus environments
- Ability to troubleshoot
Load Balancing (4 years)
- Experience with Citrix NetScaler technologies
- Demonstrated experience with creating VIP’s and
- Demonstrated experience adding certificates and terminating SSL on the load balancer
- Experience configuring monitoring in load balancing environments
Firewall / UTM Devices (4 years)
- Experience with Fortigate and / or Cisco ASA technologies
- Demonstrated experience configuring and managing complex rule base
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing authentication services on UTM devices
- Demonstrated ability to create VPN tunnels with partners and internal locations
- Working knowledge of Cisco VPN modules and user access managment
- Ability to perform troubleshooting of user access issues
Wireless Network Technology (4 years)
- Experience configuring Cisco wireless LAN controllers and Cisco access points
- Experience configuring SSID’s across multiple locations
- Experience configuring security settings on wireless such as WPA2
- Ability to troubleshoot wireless connectivity issues including performance issues
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.