Site IT Lead
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- a month ago
- Application deadline
- in a month
- Recruiter responds
- 7% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 3 hours ago
- IT Consulting
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Looc, Mandaue, Philippines
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or other management related disciplines.
- Demonstrates skill in solving business and technical issues with minimal external support or input.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and general business processes.
- Operating systems and server management experience.
- Extensive working knowledge of hardware and software components and concepts.
- Minimum of five years experience in an information technology role spanning IT operations, program design, development and implementation. Minimum of 2 years of experience delivering and supporting business systems in a complex multi-layered environment.
Must have experience:
- Building and maintaining Servers
- Project Management
- Desktop Support
- Working closely with Site Management and Corporate IT, the incumbent will function as a combination Information Systems Tactician, Site Technical Expert and Systems Support Coordinator. The role reports administratively to the local business unit with functional reporting requirements to Regional IT Management. This role is focused on implementing and supporting state-of-the-art information systems at the defined locations. Hands on skills and a strong end user support orientation are a must. The ability to drive change and improvements in information systems for the benefit of the site is also a key requirement. This position will require supporting staff in Cebu, and potentially other smaller sites in the region.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Compliance / Security and Controls:
- Optimizing site systems security and adherence to corporate policies and standards. Ensuring that the site is compliant with all internal controls, audit and other legislative requirements (both internal and external)
- Coordinating, documenting and testing the effects of all applied changes to operating systems, firmware, utilities such as anti-virus software and server management tools and local applications where applicable. Ensuring that site systems are always kept to current levels of compliance.
- Responsibility for backup and recovery support and business continuity activities for all location-specific computer systems and infrastructure.
Infrastructure and General Systems – Standardization, Support, and Development:
- Working closely with the Corporate IT operations and infrastructure organizations to deploy and leverage FMC’s full range of global infrastructure capabilities, competencies, and tools. Ensuring that infrastructure monitoring tasks associated with the local site are scheduled and completed.
- Ensuring that 1st and 2nd level support services for users of office computing products and services (i.e. Windows, MS Office, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Desktops, Laptops, Network access and Collaborative Tools). Participating actively in such support activities as needed.
Applications and Business Processes – Support and Development:
- Supervising the acquisition and/or implementation of key site applications; ensuring that there is a strong focus on quality assurance, applications controls, and education; functioning as a working project leader where needed.
- Implementing and maintaining site development and training programs for enterprise IT business systems such as SAP and other products. Supporting the maintenance and development of site ‘power users’ where appropriate.
- Ensuring that end user applications support for local or niche business applications is available and delivered as required.
- Maximizing the integration of core systems and applications at the location as much as possible in both Enterprise and Collaborative Systems arenas. Helping to build bridges with other sites technical ‘stakeholders’ in areas such as process control and manufacturing execution system.
Administration and IT Management:
- Identifying and substantiating the need for all information systems developments at the location. Establishing priorities as they relate to site information systems needs.
- Ensuring site alignment with Division and Corporate-wide I.T. strategy
- Supporting the delivery of IT related service levels established with Local, Divisional and Corporate IT management.
- Managing IT related costs at the site level; (operational / capital plan) helping to reduce costs where appropriate and identifying cost saving opportunities at the location.
- Liaison and interaction with local management team/s.
- Vendor management - Maintenance contract & service agreement reviews & negotiations
- Networking with IT colleagues; providing informal guidance and support to other local IT leaders in the region as the opportunity presents itself.
- This position will require up to 10% international travel.