At BCI we are driven by our vision to create transparency in the construction industry globally. We do so by providing qualified sales information on construction projects, networking session with industrial players, enabling our clients to showcase their product brand via digital marketing platforms, and many more. While the market braces itself for a global recession, BCI is experiencing exponential growth within both the APAC and American regions.
We are looking for a Digital Data Gatherer/ Script Coder / Python developer to be based in Metro Manila, who will be responsible for building high-performing, responsive web applications. An ideal candidate should be highly adept at writing clean, testable, and scalable code to develop back-end elements, integrate the front-end elements in the application, and manage the data interchange between the server and the users. The developer must have a basic understanding of front-end technologies and work in collaboration with front-end developers.
Your day-to-day task will be:
- Identify accurately and write scalable code for useful data using Python programming language.
- Operate web harvesting software in Python to scrape data from websites including in-house native harvester.
- Adhere to website-scraping targets
- Building/maintaining web scraping tools using Python (beautifulsoup/extracttable API)
- Ability to integrate 3rd party packages and API libraries into web harvesting software
- Review and ensure that scraped data is correct
- Troubleshooting quality issues
- Collaborate with developer teams for testing
- Responding to requests from the design team and management
- Monitoring bugs tracking and error reporting in Jira
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field.
- Experience in Python, BeautifulSoup, and in-built modules
- Experience with Mozenda scraping software or other similar software.
- Knowledge of AWS (S3) and Apache Airflow coding for Orchestration will be added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheet software, such as excel
- Good attitude, work ethic, self-motivated and fast learner.
What's in it for you?
- An energetic team where people love their job and are challenged to perform at their best.
- Paid training
- HMO coverage
- Newborn baby bonus
- Life & Accident Insurance coverage
- Starting with 12 days of Annual Leave and up to 20 days per year
- Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Birthday Leave & Anniversary Leave
- Work From Home - 5 days working week (Monday to Friday)
BCI Central values personal integrity, social and environmental responsibility as well as transparency, quality, and efficiency. Suitable candidates will share these values.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Amazon Web Services
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- IT and Software
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 111 Paseo de Roxas Building, 111 Paseo de Roxas, Legazpi Village, Makati, 1229 Metro Manila, Philippines
- Consulting (Business & Management)
- 1 opening