Software Engineer - Work from Home
- Pasig, PhilippinesPasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Balsam International is looking for a Software Engineer who will be responsible for coding and modifying e-Commerce websites functionalities according to the company’s specifications. Our ideal candidate will be writing Java, AngularJS and HTML codes, extending Hybris extensions and components, and working with our Development and Quality Assurance team to ensure the delivery of projects on a timely manner. He/She will directly report to the Web Development Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing a reliable and stable backend codes with unit testing and code review 70% of the time.
- Provide technical analysis on platform enhancements and customizations and other back-end technologies 10% of the time.
- Work with ORACLE, MySQL and HSQLDB Databases and other data & configuration files such as MS Excel, XML, JSON.
- Assisting in the management, maintenance, and on-going support for existing e-Commerce websites.
- Building webpage and templates on a variety of platforms and CMS’s, including Volusion and Hybris.
- Making systematic edits to HTML, CSS and JS codes based on a given mocks including slicing photoshop files.
- Investigate and resolve issues that arise in the system.
- Provide scoping and estimation on projects and tasks.
- Create proper documentation and integration guide on all applications developed.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as business needs evolve.
What you bring to the table:
- Has a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Java and Spring Framework.
- Has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in MySQL & Oracle Database.
- Has a minimum of 3 years’ experience in AngularJS, HTML and CSS.
- Have some knowledge in Hybris and SCA Development.
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, enthusiastic, and willing to take ownership.
- High standards for documentation, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration & deployment, and a preference for agile methods.
- Strong attention to detail and proven multi-tasking ability, especially with multiple high-priority tasks.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong dedication to a team environment and to meeting deliverables.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Oracle Database
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.