Under the supervision of the Director, the Strategy Management Head oversees and monitors the strategic planning and management processes of the University. This involves overseeing the formulation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the strategic planning process, outcomes, and outputs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
It likewise includes the preparation of regular reports to top administrators on the strategic plan and other matters that might have strategic/institutional impact.
I. Business Partnering
- Keeps track of updates and developments that affect the strategies and plans of the University.
- Conducts benchmark studies within the educational sector, other industries, and the general community.
- Partners with internal stakeholders by understanding their plans, providing proactive solutions on how to meet present and long-term needs, and monitoring the progress of plans and deliverables.
- Designs, and implements, a communication plan to inform, educate, and engage the stakeholders in the strategic planning processes and its outputs.
- Collaborates with units in designing and implementing a strategic planning and evaluation plan, in support of the University’s aspirations, and making improvements or changes based on such trends, standards, and requirements.
- Prepares and monitors the budget and expenditures for strategic planning and evaluation process, and recommends cost-effective solutions
II. Oversees Strategic Planning Processes
- Reviews organization needs and proposes a design for the University level of the strategic planning process, in consultation with top management, and designs the strategic planning process at the school and office levels.
- Implements the agreed-upon strategic planning process, which includes liaising with consultants, clients, and other pertinent stakeholders for the design and materials.
- Coordinates strategy formulation at the university level, school levels, and central levels.
- Ensures the proper documentation of activities relating to and outcomes of the strategic planning processes, and assists the Director in drafting the relevant reports for the top management and various stakeholders.
- Oversees the development of policies and guidelines for the planning processes.
III. Tracks Strategic Goals and Evaluates Outcomes
- Develops tracking mechanism and procedures to determine whether strategic objectives/goals have been met.
- Coordinates with various units on the achievement of required and declared indices to measure progress against set targets.
- Designs, and implements, an evaluation mechanism to check the outcomes of the strategic plans.
- Prepares progress reports in relation to strategic objectives, in coordination with the Strategy Quality Assurance Management and Compliance Head.
- Generates reports on the achievement of strategic plans, and evaluation of outcomes, and recommends areas for improvement.
IV. Track external events and development with institutional/strategic impact
- Designs system to monitor the events and developments of consequence to the university
- Generates reports for distribution to relevant stakeholders as required
V. Performs all other duties as may be reasonably required of the position, in accordance with the instructions of the Immediate Supervisor, and its duly authorized representative.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Good planning, organizational, and follow-up skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Attention to details
- Possesses strong facilitation and interview skills (asking the right questions and active listening)
- Ability to conduct a needs assessment, which includes data gathering, data analysis, and assessments to determine the best course of action
- Critical and analytical thinking has the ability to connect patterns and see the implications of actions to other systems/processes, analyze large scale data (qualitative and quantitative), and come up with recommendations
- Ability to systematically and scientifically track organization performance and development, and provide recommendations on where to allocate resources
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as the flexibility to adapt to and change new systems and methodologies
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time (keen eye for details & project management are must-haves)
- Must be open to learning and ambiguity; ability to effectively adjust and manage a variety of unexpected situations
- Strong communication skills, able to disseminate information/message in various modalities for different stakeholders
- Ability to innovate and partner changes; able to collaborate and deal with different levels of stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, partnering, negotiation skills
- A strong sense of urgency balanced with quality-result orientation
- Strong knowledge of presentations and several MS applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Has a post-graduate or professional degree in management and/or education management
- At least five (5) years work experience in strategic planning, business development, and/or organization development
- At least five (5) year experience facilitation experience
- At least five (5) year experience in managing and partnering clients
- Deep knowledge of how the academe works is an advantage