Summary of Work Activities and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Assistant Registrar thru the Section Head for Document and Liaison Services, the Records Staff for Document Processing (OS-03) assists in the efficient and accurate processing of records and documents (transcripts, certification, etc) which attest to the academic performance of the student.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Frontline Support for Records Transactions
- Attends to personal inquiries, requests for documents, verification of records for various types of documents such as Transcript of Records, Certifications, Diploma, etc. at the counter.
- Serves as frontliner maintaining a general knowledge of the functions of other sections of the Registrar’s Office.
- Logs requests received from students made over the counter or via email, and monitors online payments for document requests on a daily basis.
- Documents Processing Support
- Assists in processing, checking, releasing of documents requests for both undergraduate and graduate students in timely manner.
- Checks completeness of data indicated of the forms received (i.e., load revision forms, leave of absence forms, clearance, cross-registration forms, validation/transfer of credits, information sheets, reinstatement/extension forms, overloading forms, etc) and releases it to concerned parties.
- Distributes Transcripts of Records, verification forms/letters through the official courier:
- Prepares and monitors documents to be mailed and coordinates with the official courier to schedule daily pick-up of documents and payment of mailing fees
- Receives, collates and forwards registration related documents to the Records Officers (e.g. requests for reinstatement /extension, LOA, etc.).
- Receives, checks, and logs complete admission documents of new students received from the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs. Lists and updates the Records Officer in charge for incomplete documents.
- Coordinates with the Document Officers and Section Head for all mailing requests and ensures that all documents are mailed via courier accurately and on time.
- Assists in sending out requests for verification of academic records in coordination with the Records and Document Officers.
- Coordinates with Documents and Records personnel in determining students’ eligibility for issuance of official documents (Transcript of records, diploma, Transfer Credentials and certifications) by checking their clearance, hold orders from different departments, and other similar pre-requisite records
- Provides input in developing an effective and systematic process for receiving, preparing, and retrieving scholastic documents and files in line with office standards of relevance, efficiency, and service
- Ensures proper turnover of files to document preservation section
- Assists the Liaison Officer (LO) in handling requests for Certification, Authentication, and Verification (CAV) by preparing documents such as transcripts of records, diplomas and certifications to be transmitted to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
III. Performs other reasonable work-related tasks that may be assigned by the Immediate Supervisor and authorized representatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in the academe setting is an advantage.
- Good verbal and written skills, proficient in English
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Attention to details
- Team player and flexible
- Can work with minimum supervision