Registered Medical Technologist
- Quezon City, PhilippinesKatipunan Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
Under the supervision of the Laboratory Director, the Registered Medical Technologist performs molecular diagnostic tests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specimen Preparations and Assessments
- Prepares biological specimens, slides, and reagents for examination, following strict biosafety standards.
- Ensures that all submitted and analyzed specimens follow proper storage, handling, and disposal procedures.
- Analyzes and interprets the test results, recognizing possible deviations and anomalies from expected results.
- Performs molecular assays, viral RNA, and other laboratory tests needed using specialized instrumentations, as instructed by the Laboratory Director.
- Evaluates and solves problems related to the collection and processing of biological specimens, including adjustments in the instrumentations.
- Ensures proper usage of the instrumentations/ equipment, and diagnoses seeming deviations in test results due to possible equipment malfunction.
- Prepares documentation/report of test results.
- Attends to queries about the results, methodologies, and other factors that may influence the test results.
- Laboratory Operations Support
- Maintains and updates inventory of specimens by encoding specimen and test information in the appropriate databases.
- Maintains and updates laboratory supplies (including reagents and media) and process orders of needed supplies when necessary.
- Quality Assurance Activities
- Participates in internal and external quality assurance activities of the laboratory.
- Monitors and maintains proper operation of equipment including regular certification and/or calibration.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending seminars and trainings, reviewing job related journals and publications, and establishing professional networks.
- Reviews genetic sequence data and virus materials based on national and global established protocols.
- Recognizes factors that could introduce errors, including possible contaminations, and ensures these are managed or that proper corrective actions are followed.
- Adheres to biosafety and biosecurity procedures, including infection and sterilization control protocols.
- Performs other tasks that may be required by the Laboratory Director or authorized representatives to effectively fulfill the objectives of the testing
- Graduate of BS Medical Technology and has a valid PRC license at the time of application.
- Molecular diagnostic experience is a must.
- Preferably has undergone biosafety training, which includes the following:
- fundamentals of biosafety and biosecurity;
- biological risk assessment;
- mitigation controls;
- personal protective equipment;
- waste management, decontamination, and disposal; and
- emergency response.
- Preferably has undergone trainings on molecular diagnostics and can demonstrate proficiency in molecular diagnostic techniques.
- Effective communication (oral and written) skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must be willing to work on a project basis for one (1) year.
Licenses and Certifications
- Medical Technologist
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Health and Medical
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Katipunan Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Higher Education / Academia
- 3 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.