Under the supervision of the Workforce Strategies and Branding Section Head, the HR Officer will perform the following functions:
- End-to-end recruitment
- Workforce analytics
- HR communications for employer branding initiatives
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Workforce Monitoring
- Monitors potential and actual employee transitions and movements, and coordinates with the concerned offices for their next course of action.
- Monitors the employment schedules and contract periods of employees (e.g. employment start date, probationary period, end of contract, etc.), and makes sure that the necessary processes are complied with in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the employees job description accurately reflects current workload.
- Ensures that employee personnel records are up-to-date whenever there are internal applicants, and coordinates the necessary updating with the section in charge of employee records.
II. Workforce Analytics
- Researches, analyzes, and presents workforce data as and when required.
- Develops standard templates for reports and dashboards by applying appropriate communication methodologies compliant to the standards of the University.
- Updates the Section Head on the status of the candidates on a weekly basis, providing workforce demand and supply insight.
- Recommends improvements, strategies and programs on how to attract and retain employees.
- Regularly conducts trend analyses and provides recommendations on how offices plan their workforce requirements, in coordination with the Organization Capability and Succession Management Section.
- Assists in the conducting various HR studies (e.g. workforce planning, compensation), and shares methodologies with related sections.
- Handles ad hoc report requests and submits report within service level agreement (SLA).
- Reviews recruitment funnel and benchmarks against similar industries on best practices.
- Keeps abreast of various sourcing tools and provides recommendations on different methods of sourcing to improve quality of pool.
- Provides suggestions on how to improve related processes based on research of best practices and trending methodologies.
- Carries out recruitment process from sourcing, screening, initial interview and testing, job offers.
- Proactively reaches out to both active and passive candidates, using various sourcing methods to meet the hiring service level agreement.
- Coordinates with the hiring unit to understand the needs of the organization and how it translates to the requested position by ensuring that the job description properly reflects the requirements from the role.
- Regularly updates the hiring units on the status of their request and works with the unit in coming up with alternative solutions on challenges encountered.
- Ensures completeness of applicant records and all pertinent pre-employment requirements, and coordinates such documents to the concerned HR sections and University offices in a timely manner.
- Monitors the recruitment activities by updating the recruitment tracker on a daily basis, ensuring completeness of information.
IV. HR Branding and Communications
- Drafts initial communications for purposes of providing suggestions and recommendations to further improve employee experience and talent retention.
- Coordinates reports from OHRMOD sections, which shows statistics on: employee count, recruitment demand and supply, performance, attendance, benefits, discipline, turnover, etc.
- Proposes various HR communications solutions and coordinates with the University Marketing and Communications Office for proper communication alignment.
- Coordinates with Subject Matter Experts to write and develop various contents for the specific target audience.
- Coordinates with the hiring units to ensure the smooth onboarding and employee experience of the new employees during their first six months.
- Ensures that the new employees are provided with all the pertinent information and documents to get them started (e.g. IDs, e-mail address, payroll bank account, etc.).
- Conducts orientation for new hires to introduce them to the University.
- Ensures that hiring units discuss their expectations properly with the new employee, and introduce them to the people they will need to closely work with.
- Monitors the new employee’s experience and performance until the end of their probationary period.
- Drafts reports to communicate the overall performance of HR.
V. HR Partnering
- Keeps track of updates and developments that affect the University as an organization, including its employees.
- Keeps abreast of trends and changes happening in the University and with client.
- Manages and maintains relationships with clients.
VI. Administrative Functions
- Assists in monitoring, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating all the Section’s projects, keeping track of the deliverables, timelines, agreements, including possible sustainability measures.
- Ensures all accountabilities are delivered, including payments to suppliers and contractors
- Recommends improvements in the Section’s systems, processes, and programs.
- Assists in budgeting for the Section’s operational requirements.
- Assists in communicating the programs of the Section to unit heads and employees.
- Manages and keeps the project team abreast of developments, when necessary.
- Oversees the coordination, logistical, and resource requirements of the Section’s projects and activities.
- Documents all meetings, proceedings, and events of the Section’s projects and activities.
VII. Performs all other duties as may be reasonably required of the position, in accordance with the instructions of the Immediate Supervisor, and its duly authorized representative.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of any business course or psychology
- Five (5) year experience conducting interviews, job offers, sourcing
- Three (3) year experience in communication campaigns and creating comprehensive reports
- At least two (2) year experience in managing and partnering clients
- Experience or knowledge on several work process improvement, organizational design, people analytics
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge on recruitment and selection, analytics and various communication methods
- Ability to conduct interviews, accurate assessments and selection to determine best plan for career development and training required.
- Ability to connect and see the implications of actions to other systems/processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to and change new systems and methodologies.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, partnering, negotiation skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time (attention to details & project management are must haves)
- Knowledge on various branding techniques and methodologies
- Strong knowledge on presentations and several MS applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.)
- Strong MS Office knowledge especially in creating various reports in excel
- Has a strong sense of urgency balanced with quality-result orientation
- Interviewing and Hiring
- Analyzing Data
- Recruiting Wizard
- Processing Information
- Attention to Detail
- Marketing Communications