- Responsible for kitchen operations, especially in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- He coordinates functions and activities with other hotel departments.
- Supervises the functions of his assigned kitchen employees, facilities and cost to ensure maximum food and beverage departmental profit is achieved.
- Ensures that hotel cost and policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensures team productivity through organization, training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Maintain and set sanitation, hygiene, and safety standards.
- Inform on a daily basis the executive chef of all relevant information in operational and personal matters, including information which not requires the executive chef’s action.
- Graduate of Culinary, Food Tech, HRM and other relevant courses
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a related field is required for this position.
- Skilled and knowledgeable in Commercial Cooking, Cookery or its equivalent
- Good communication skills and has great interpersonal skills
- Good Leadership Skills
About Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Astoria is a proud homegrown Philippine hotel chain that has established itself as a brand known for spacious rooms and suites, stunning architecture, and outstanding interior design. Top notch amenities and facilities, quality food and beverage, exceptional service and gracious Filipino hospitality are offered to guests from all over the world. With properties in key tourists destination in the country, Astoria is the top of mind destination to call home when traveling to Ortigas, Makati, Boracay, Bohol, and Palawan. Each of the resorts is located on the beachfront and provide guests with ocean views while each of the hotels is located in the Central Business Districts of Makati and Ortigas, making Astoria a choice for both business and leisure travelers. Astoria also owns and manages Minami Saki by Astoria (Japanese Restaurant at the ground floor of Astoria Plaza), Chardonnay by Astoria (an events place for 500 persons located right next door to bustling Capitol Commons and Valle Verde Country Club, and the Palawan Waterpark. Astoria Hotel and Resorts is managed by Asian Grand Legacy the pioneer in hospitality management, headed by legendary hotelier Miguel Cirqueda.