- Pasig, Philippines15 Escriva Dr. Ortigas Business District, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Plans, directs, controls and coordinates activities of all Kitchen personnel engaged in preparing and cooking food to ensure efficient and profitable food service.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes, determines food, labor, and overhead costs and drafts prices of menu items; confers with Restaurant Manager and Cost Controller on the pricing of menu items.
- Plans overall food production; considers forecast, probable number of guests, supply and availability of food items, popularity of various dishes, recency of menu, local and international clientele and competition.
- Sees to it that all foods prepared are served according to hotel standard and practice.
- Checks all kitchen equipment making sure they are in good working condition; follows-up equipment that needs repair, additional spare parts replacements or disposal.
- Checks purchase requisitions for kitchen equipment, spare parts or food items needed.
- Checks and follows up the cleanliness of all kitchen areas. Recommends points for improvement and implements the same.
- Coordinates and implements with Stewarding the cleanliness of all back of the house (including receiving). Conducts sanitation inspections and maintenance inspections of the back of the house on a regular basis according to hotel standards and procedures.
- Review and approve the schedule of all kitchen staff, controls this schedule making sure all kitchens are covered properly.
- Hires, train, guides and evaluate the performance of Kitchen personnel according to skill in the kitchen standards.
- Conducts meeting, briefings, training, etc., with Kitchen staff, keeping them informed of new policies and procedures and other information pertinent top hotel operations.
- Sees to it that the Hotel’s House Rules and Regulations are adhered to all times and sees to it that commendations and disciplinary action notices are issued and disseminated to kitchen employees. Performs duties common to all department heads and other duties as may be assigned by the Management.
- Graduate of Food & Beverage Services Management, Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or equivalent.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the Hotel Industry/First Class Restaurants is required for this position.
- Excellent leadership, planning, and organizing skills
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.