The Technical Buyer is responsible for the timely and cost effective procurement of local materials and supplies for the plant operations. He/she is responsible for all imported items berthing in Manila and Subic from BOC up to delivery to respective sites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Local & InProcurement:
- Determines the materials and supplies needed for operation through daily review of approved PRs.
- Prepares and processes canvassing of materials and supplies with different suppliers.
- Prepares purchase orders based on approved canvass price and ensures the accuracy of all entries.
- Coordinates with the internal customer for the specifications of the materials and supplies particularly those that are highly technical and complex.
- Coordinates the processing of purchased supplies (e.g. ordering, delivery, checking, receiving and conducting follow-up), ensuring that goods received are as ordered (right quality and quantity) and within the time specified by the requisitioner.
- Keeps the internal customers informed of the status of their purchase requisitions.
- Coordinates timely pick up and withdrawal of materials and supplies from the pier/container yard of the shipping agency to avoid plant shut down.
- Continuously updates price monitors and negotiates for best possible price in all purchases.
- Regularly initiates reconciliation between supplier and accounting in payments and actual materials and supplies ordered and delivered.
- Facilitates unloading of imported purchases by ensuring completeness of all required documents.
- Coordinates with Finance Specialist to ensure timely payment of all imported purchases including duties and taxes thereof through close coordination with assigned brokers.
- Monitors all imported shipments from origin of loading to destination of assigned sites and ensures arrival of these goods to different sites.
- Coordinates with different government agencies and/or brokers to facilitate timely and cost-effective release of all imported materials.
- Assists other purchasing team members in looking for suppliers/brokers for imported spareparts and supplies.
- Ensures compliance of food safety based on the standard requirement of 5S,HACCP/GMP & ISO
- At least 6 months to 1 year preferable with experience in Bureau of Customs clearances.
- License Requirement: Registered Mechanical, Electrical or Equivalent Engineering degree
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.