- Develop customers for the property including rooms, dining outlets, day club, events and banquets
- Develop rates, group sales deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Creates an effective Sales Programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of the Hotel, its activities, culinary services, and personnel.
- Assist in the preparation of the marketing, advertising, sales plans, programs and annual budget; manages within approved plans and budgets
- Prepares Sales Reports and annual Sales & Marketing Plan
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Minimum 5 years proven experience as a Director of Sales and Marketing in the luxury hotel and resort industry
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform diplomacy with internal and external customers and staff in all situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, channel manager software and property management systems.
- BSc degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
- Strong media, presentation and computer skills
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.