The Brand Finance Associate is a trusted experienced support professional performing finance and some operations related tasks. This role handles accounting functions pertaining to the day-to-day financial operations of the assigned brand. It is a complex and multi-faceted role where the incumbent needs to display strong time-management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Managing account records, checking of purchases, issuing invoices, and handling payments.
- Processing payment requisition and other business forms.
- Collaborating with the assigned brand to reconcile any accounting discrepancies.
- Ensure accounting transactions are appropriately identified and coded and any issues are promptly resolved.
- Verify if transaction/s comply with financial policies and procedures and process requests based on the accuracy, completeness, and validity of submitted financial documents.
- Accurate reconciliation of settlement and payouts with the assigned brand and produce relevant documentation (e.g., Official Receipts, BIR Form 2307 collection and monitoring).
- Performing month-end closing process and preparation of brand’s financial statements, sales report and supporting schedules.
- Preparation and submission of brand’s monthly tax reports to internal parties for monthly, quarterly and annual tax declarations.
- Updating financial spreadsheets and reports with the latest available data.
- Keeping records and documenting financial processes.
- Correspond with various departments in discussing brand plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Work closely with the immediate superior in preparation of business plan and operational budget for the assigned brand.
- Participate in initiatives to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Develop trends and projections for the brand’s finances.
- Other duties and tasks that may be required and assigned from time to time by the immediate superior to achieve business goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Accountancy, Accounting Management and Accounting Technology or equivalent
- Professional qualification such as CPA or similar will be considered a plus
- At least 2 yrs. experience in accounting firm or in-house finance role, with operational finance experience is strongly preferred.
- Savvy in technology, and a keen interest in how technology can transform finance.
- Proficient in MS Windows programs and highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in using ERP or any cloud-based applications for finance
- Accountability and adoption of a ‘business-owner’ work mentality
- Exceptional attention to details, self-starter, flexible and can multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills as this role will require you to work closely with cross-functional teams and brands counterparts.