Finance Officer | For Pooling
- Quezon City, PhilippinesGround Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Assist the senior finance officer (sfo) on the overall direction and control of all financial
- Concerns of division handled. Scope of responsibility includes financial, cost and
- Management accounting.
Major duties and responsibilities
Financial reporting and analyses
- provides financial ratios and analyses, and projected financial results of all projects/events/programs (involving financial resources) initiated by accounts. This is to assist management in determining which projects have minimal financial risks or which ones provide the best financial results.
- Submits on time and the accurate financial reports (e.i. Division reports and its cost center operating expenses variances analysis of the current year vs budget vs previous period).
- Prepares other financial reports, as requested.
Accounts payable management
- reviews and/or approves requests for payment, liquidations and/or replenishments, cash advances and other related transactions. This includes preparation and submission of transmittal reports.
- coordinates on liquidations of astl (subject to further evaluation of shared services).
- serves as point-person on tracking the status of payable documents.
- accrues the unpaid/un-posted expenses.
- ensures that all "cash" contract obligations with third-party organizer and promoters are processed on time, if any.
- controls and manages operating and general & administrative expenses.
Budgeting and forecasting
- assists in the preparation of the division's operating budget, gaex and capex, align with the corporate or consolidated budget.
- encodes budget and any revisions, thereof.
- monitors and manages the actual expenses vis-a-vis approved budget on a monthly, annual or as required.
Audit and internal control
- ensures compliance on policies and procedures.
- coordinates with audit group or divisions for any improvements on the control and procedures.
- facilitates discussion of audit findings and recommends formulation and implementation of policies as needed.
- monitors implementation of audit recommendations brought about by audit findings.
- responsible for identifying gaps and inefficiencies in the existing financial and operational aspects of "each division's business activities, and proposing solutions to address the gaps/issues.
- initiates policy formulation depending on the requirement of the division.
- ensures confidential data are kept with limited access.
- coordinates and secures advice on tax issues affecting the division.
- reviews and approves ex-deal requirements, if any.
- reviews of price quotations and related supplier accreditation documentation, e.g. Fs reviews, if applicable.
- assists in the business case formulation for new business or projects of the division.
- participates in the negotiations and reviews the contracts, moas or deal memos.
- attends management and/or operations committee meetings.
- performs other functions that maybe assigned by the management from time to time.
Problem-solving and decision making
- duties are diversified and involve general knowledge of company's policies and procedures; the use of set of generally accepted accounting -principles and updated taxes.
- elevate to superior specific issues involving big amount of money or complex situations.
- position-holder has flexibility to think out-of-the box, existing procedures or workflows with the end result of achieving the same, if not better, output.
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent
• At least 3-5 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Action Planning
- Auditing and Compliance
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Financial Reporting
- General Accounting
- Accounts Payable
- Applied Economics [Financial Economics] and BS Accountancy
- Business Administration [Business Management]
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Ground Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Entertainment / Film / News and Current Affairs / Public Service / Publishing / Digital, etc.
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.