Remote Broadcast Specialist
- Quezon City, PhilippinesABS-CBN Mother Ignacia Street, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Acts as team leader of a Remote Broadcast Team, providing technical and production supervision to the team.
- Coordinates closely with the assigned reporter and cameraman of the coverage and feeds coverage materials the soonest.
- During the coverage of an event, delivers the audio-visual production requirements as may be identified by the Newsdesk, reporter or the producer. The Remote Broadcast Specialist may also suggest possible live audio-visual production for airing.
- Assists in the setting-up of a live shot as may be required by the desk.
- Updates the Head of Remote Broadcast Operations on the status of the live remote set up and of problems encountered, if any, at the earliest possible time.
- Acts as video editor and assist the Reporter in putting together his/her live report, it may be a Live VO package, Live silent/SOT, or a VO package as may be determined by the producer or the desk editor.
- Supervises the set-up and execution of a live interview with a guest or resource person.
- Assists the remote anchor and the segment producer in the execution of a remote/live segment to include production values that may be required by the producer or the anchor person.
- Performs news gathering tasks if a reporter or news team is not available during the coverage of an ongoing news event or incident.
- Keeps himself updated on the event he/she is covering including daily news updates.
- Conducts oculars of coverage sites as assigned by the Head of the Remote Broadcast Group and prepares a report for submission.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, News Media or related field
- With 1-5 years experience in various aspects of production
- With strong editing skills of linear editing equipment
- With editorial background and good technical understanding
- Ability to think and respond quickly and on demand; project management skills, ability to multi-task and work in a collaborative and creative environment; availability to do evening and weekend work, ability to travel.
- Video Editing
- Mass Communication [Advertising]
- Broadcast Journalism
- Communication & Media Studies
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Media and Creatives
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- ABS-CBN Mother Ignacia Street, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Entertainment / Film / News and Current Affairs / Public Service / Publishing / Digital, etc.
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.