Community Manager (News and Current Affairs)
- Quezon City, PhilippinesGround Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- The Community Manager is the team lead responsible for acquiring and retaining users through innovative and engaging online and on-ground content and activities for a soon-to-be-launched digital product. He/she will be an integral part of a team tasked with shaping strategies for content acquisition, packaging and distribution, establishing and sustaining relationships with institutional partners and digital communities, designing technical and operational workflows and planning activities and campaigns that will help and delight product users.
- Expected to know what is happening on the ground and identify the needs of the people in locales under his/her AOR.
- Ensures that online communities do not miss any relevant information and alerts them to incidents and events that may affect them.
- Keeps a close watch on message boards to respond to queries and complaints
- Works with the content team in crafting seasonal and scheduled messages and bulletins
- Believes in cultivating and nurturing relationships in online communities (Relationship Management)
- 8-10 years of experience in digital media, preferably in journalism, social media or community management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Filipino; can write and edit copies, present and speak articulately in front of large groups during on-ground activities
- Strong leadership skills - able to manage small teams and ensure group productivity
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to interface with people from all social classes and initiate partnerships with public and private institutions
- Adept in crafting content and community engagement strategies and creative in planning online and on-ground activities
- Savvy in digital systems and tools; can monitor trends and recommend actions based on data and analytics
- Can work independently and adapt to changes in technology and operations
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Media and Creatives
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Ground Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Entertainment / Film / News and Current Affairs / Public Service / Publishing / Digital, etc.
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.