Segment Producer (News and Current Affairs)
- Quezon City, PhilippinesGround Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Pitches, pursues, and develops a story for purposes of long-form and in-depth production and reportage as required by the program concept, equity, and branding;
- Writes the abstract/story outline for the segment for submission to the Executive Producer;
- Identifies the audio-visual production requirements based on the story's concept and incorporates it in the script;
- Supervises the coverage of a segment/acts as team leader while on field;
- Directs the cameraman and the reporter as necessary;
- Allocates program resources efficiently and cost effectively during coverage;
- Directly supervises technical work during pre-coverage, actual coverage, production/video editing, and post-production of any given assigned story;
- Attends weekly brainstorming meetings and submits viable topics/story suggestions for future episodes;
- Countersigns and checks accuracy of trip ticket logs prepared by motorpool/rental drivers.
- Graduate of Mass Communication or Journalism.
- With at least 2 years of work experience in production, research, and editing.
- Proficient in writing and video editing.
- Has excellent communication skills in both English and Filipino.
- Team player, creative, and can work within deadlines.
- Willing to work for long hours.
- Open to program-based employment status.
- Job level
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level
- Job category
- Media and Creatives
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Ground Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Entertainment / Film / News and Current Affairs / Public Service / Publishing / Digital, etc.
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.