The Occupational Safety and Health Specialist will be responsible for providing technical and administrative support to ensure effective and efficient implementation of company rules and regulations including national, local, and community laws pertaining to Occupational Safety and Health.
- Verifies and evaluates incidents/accidents/near misses reported by the ERT, assists in determining the root causes and corrective actions taken to prevent recurrence.
- Assists ERTL in the conduct of investigation of incidents/accidents and near misses and discusses report and analysis to the CHSEC.
- Maintains an incident recording system (accident statistics, man-hours worked) and presents these during the CHSC.
- Submits annual/quarterly/monthly reports to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Regional Office, the Bureau of Working Conditions (BWC), Department of Energy - RESHERR and other Agencies as needed.
- Identifies hazards (existing and potential), assesses risks, and implements controls to eliminate identified hazards.
- Maintains records of Health, Safety and activities and orientations, assists in emergency preparedness drills conducted and maintenance of firefighting facilities.
- Prepares emergency preparedness plans, programs and responses to ensure risks are managed and mitigated; includes these in the existing emergency preparedness response procedures.
- Monitors and enforces use of personal protective equipment and maintains a list of PPEs provided.
- Prepares programs/activities in promoting housekeeping.
- Conducts regular and special HSE inspections in coordination with grids and prepares inspection reports that are transmitted to the respective ERT for reference/action.
- Facilitates the conduct of Work Environment Measurement (WEM) on his/her Area/s of Responsibility. Maintains records on WEM and identifies controls to reduce or eliminate hazards identified.
Capacity Building on Occupational Health, Safety, and Health
- Coordinates with HRQ regarding HSE orientation and training programs, monitors and evaluates effectiveness of training programs in coordination with the Company Nurse and Department Heads.
- Conducts safety lectures/trainings to contractors and employees regarding hazards to which they are exposed and conduct familiarization of work environment.
- Plans and implements the Annual Safety Competition in coordination with HRQ; assists ERT in the conduct of first aid refresher courses prior to safety day.
- Evaluates equipment and design systems for mitigation support in areas of safety.
Complies with company policies and procedures, safety rules and practices.
Conforms to the company’s Integrated Management Systems, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
Other related tasks
- Reports any Integrated Management System events/incidents or potential events or other risks to the organization.
- Protects information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference by:
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all data, information and other matters which are private, sensitive or confidential in nature or the exposure of which to other employees, persons, entities or organizations constitutes conflict of interest with and/or poses liability or damage to the Company.
- Performs any other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by immediate superior consistent with the purpose of this role.
- Must be a Bachelor's degree holder, preferably in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Preferably a licensed engineer
- Must have completed the 40-hour Basic Occupational Safety and Health Training Course as prescribed by the Bureau of Working Conditions
- Preferably an OSH Practitioner (accredited by the Bureau of Working Conditions – DOLE)
- Preferably with working experience in the power industry
- With at least 1 year of extensive work experience in Occupational Safety and Health
- 1 vacant position available in Davao City
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Health and Medical
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Talomo Pob., Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening