The Mechanical Technician is responsible for the maintenance of all turbines and turbine parts, HPU, Fire Protection System and all other mechanical parts of the plants.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors condition of turbine and its component and monitor stability or efficiency of the mechanical system Inspects turbine parts and generator bearings on a daily basis to prevent machine failure.
- Monitors vibration and temperature of turbines and informs immediate superior for abnormalities.
- Ensure inspection and proper operation of HPU, Fire Protection System and other mechanical parts of the plant. Performs immediate maintenance works if necessary Performs immediate repair of turbine upon direction of Plant Engineer.
- Installs new turbine generator sets, and realigns turbine x generator after major repairs are done. Checks oil or lubrication on a daily basis to avoid drying up of bearings. Cleans oil spills in the turbine and other motor parts.
- Conducts inventory of spare parts for mechanical maintenance and informs immediate superior of its status. Receives and monitors mechanical maintenance supply in the plant. Fills up Maintenance Report after every outage/activity in the mechanical system of the plant
- Performs general fault-finding, diagnostic, and analysis services for electrical plant defects and failures to ensure that root causes of x issues are identified and recurrences of the faults eliminated.
Planning and Deployment
a. Assists in the development of asset management x tactics and plans for the generation system assets.
b. Implements electrical maintenance plans and tactics to deliver the high-level asset management strategies. c. Job plans and methodologies are developed and implemented for the various routine maintenance tasks.
- Assists electrical maintenance team during generator rehabilitation and repair. Performs annual maintenance and rehabilitation works during plant shutdown. Fills up Annual Mechanical Maintenance Form and submits to immediate superior for review.
- Collaboration with Mechanical Technician and immediate superior for implementation of Asset Management of the Plant
Other Related Tasks
- Complies with company policies and procedures, safety rules and practices.
- Conforms to the company’s Integrated Management Systems, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Reports any Integrated Management System events/incidents or potential events or other risks to the organization.
- Protects information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference by: a. Storing documents, forms, contracts, manuals, books and other documents to locked storage rooms/steel cabinets. b. Maintaining confidentiality and integrity of all plant records necessary for operations.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by immediate superior consistent with the purpose of this role.
- Education At least technical/ vocational graduate
- License Not Required
- Professional: At least one (1) year of experience in the repair and maintenance of turbines and other turbine parts in a hydro power industry.
- Preferably with knowledge on Programmable Logic Control, Pneumatics, Hydraulics
- Capabilities With knowledge in the Philippine Grid Code and Philippine Electrical and Mechanical Code
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Talomo Pob., Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening