- This position ensures continuous and undisrupted operations for all Mindanao Hydro Electric Power Plants / Solar Power Plants by building strong relationships with the relevant stakeholders (local government officials, regulators, community leaders, etc) and obtaining updated permits and licenses necessary to conduct business.
- He / she ensures that pragmatic and effective stakeholder plans are implemented, and that relevant and sustainable community programs are rolled out. He / She likewise leads the team in the resolution of issues that may arise.
- He / she also leads the team in developing, implementing and monitoring approved Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and community projects geared toward addressing community needs, building relationships and strengthening the company’s reputation.
- Ultimately, the incumbent is responsible for achieving the goal of the company to be the neighbor of choice in the areas of operations by fostering harmonious relationships with stakeholders.
- Cultivates and manages good working relationships with the local host LGUs and communities, and all interested parties
- Deals with local stakeholders to work on the speedy resolution of community issues in coordination with various teams (i.e. Legal & Compliance, Operations, Finance and Accounting)
- Leads negotiations and discussions with the community, as may be needed, in order to close issues and / or build relationships in the community
- Ensures effective, cost-efficient, and timely implementation of obligations stated in MOAs and contracts with stakeholders and agencies in his / her area of responsibility
- Monitors all lease contracts and ensures that all contracts are updated and renewed on-time. He / she recommends negotiation parameters for management approval, and provides guidance to the lease renewal negotiating team.
- Ensures that sound and effective local Stakeholder Engagement plans are created and executed as planned by the team.
- Ensures transparency of the status of queries, concerns and issues concerning his / her area of responsibility
- Represents the team in public consultations, meetings, and forums.
- Creates, implements and monitors plans to achieve key business wins.
- Ensures that target stakeholder relationship levels are maintained and appropriate stakeholder engagement plans are implemented by all ‘Accountables’ and ‘Responsibles’.
- Assists other teams in addressing stakeholder-related issues (i.e. Operations, SCM, Admin) by providing guidance, tapping stakeholder networks, among others
Permits and Compliance
- Ensure that that team effectively coordinates with relevant agencies such as NCIP, DENR, and LGUs for the acquisition of the permits required for existing plants.
- Facilitates the acquisition of land for plant expansion projects including temporary facilities needed during the construction phase and maintenance / restoration works.
- Facilitates the mortgage registration of all Lease Contracts as maybe required by the lenders.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Recommend CSR projects in the areas of education, health, livelihood and environment, and other areas, to address community needs and push business wins.
- Collaborates with the Aboitiz Foundation in the planning, implementation, and rollout of CSR projects. This includes compliance to all documentary requirements for the project implementation and closeout.
- Provide information about the projects to the Corporate Communications team to protect and enhance the reputation of the company.
- Coordinates with the host beneficiaries on the availment, remittance and liquidation of ER1-94 funds.
- Bachelor’s degree holder
- With excellent interpersonal and communication skills With basic negotiation skills
- Professional: At least five (5) years of relevant experience in Stakeholder Management, Community Development, and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Leadership Experience: Two (3) years
- Project Experience: With background and experience in project management and program implementation experience
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- Public Service and NGOs
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- C. Bangoy, 8000 Davao City, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
About Aboitiz Power Generation Group
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. It has several hydroelectric and geothermal assets in its generation portfolio and also has non-renewable power plants located across the country. This includes: - Hedcor, Inc. - Therma Luzon, Inc. - Therma South, Inc. - Therma Marine, Inc. - Therma Mobile, Inc. - East Asia Utilities Corp. - Cebu Private Power Corp. - AP Renewables, Inc. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture