Responsible for providing day to day advice in the bulk material handling plant in support of operations and maintenance for the combined power plant assets. Provide technical support in bulk material handling plant during overhauls, plant failure situations and optimizing the approach for the full range of maintenance philosophies at the plant sites. Contribute to the resolution of technical issues inhibiting flexible plant performance through RCA’s, CAR’s and proposing and implementing plant improvement options, reviewing and implementing management of change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide sound, decisive and measured technical advice and support to the site O&M team to manage the material handling system reliability and efficiency.
- Actively identifies areas of improvement for material handling system performance.
- Supports technical services team in delivery of projects, outages, improvement, technical resolution of problems, and asset health monitoring for material handling system
- Optimisation of technical and economical performance of the plant, (viz. Improvement of availability, reliability and maintainability of the plant where economically justifiable)
- Analysis of plant performance and conditions of the different plant components and systems
- Review and approve QCPs.
- Assist with the review of alarm response procedures
- Perform technical risk assessments of plant.
- Develops lifecycle management plans for material handling system by considering replacement, refurbishment, modifications and obsolescence that will be required during the planned life of the assets across the site.
- Use the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) process to develop the basis for identifying the critical assets, perform FMECA and prepare the maintenance strategies that define the maintenance activities for material handling system and ensure the uploading in CMMS.
- Development of optimised maintenance strategies and plans to assure the long-term integrity of the plant and spares including the technical plan.
- Conduct plant inspections for quality assurance and ensuring that statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Support the development and technical review of work instructions as requested
- Consultation on abnormal/ out of specification operational and maintenance problems/defects
- Ensures oversight of the material handling system for operational limits and system operating without protection.
- Develop long term material handling risk based health indicators by monitoring current indicators and considering plant modification, maintenance effectiveness, technical developments, trends of overall system performance characteristics etc.
- Contribute in EMOC process for review and implementations for change, replacement in kind and modifications for material handling system as per the EMOC guidelines.
- Develop and maintain the framework for verifications and validation of relevant system modification, system interface requirements, system maintainability operability.
- Identify applicable standards and develop specifications for new and replacement equipment.
- Prepares outage scope and maintenance strategies for planned outages for material handling system based on asset risk, modifications, LCMP projects, performance improvements as per outage gate review guideline
- Define maintenance strategies and plans, including scope of work for long term plant outages
- Extends support to the site outage team to witness and sign off of QC hold points for material handling assets.
- Execute/ extend support to assigned projects identified in LCMP,EMOC or other initiatives. Prepare scopes, tender specifications, perform technical evaluations and financial viability.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Professional Institution Membership Desirable Evidence of Professional Competence essential
- At least 5 years of material handling system including experience in pneumatic conveying
- Knowledge of material handling system including Coal, ash, lime and sand handling system
- Stacker Reclaimer
- Ship unloaders
- Screw Conveyors
- Crushers and vibrating Feeders
- Conveyor Belts
- Pneumatic conveying system
- Vacuum Pumps
- Coal Feeders
- Coal conveyors
- Dust Suppression systems
- Familiarity on bulk properties of coal, ash, lime and sand.
- Familiarity on material handling systems including dense and dilute phase conveying
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and manuals
- Failure mechanism analysis and prevention
- Thorough understanding of Power Plant Technology
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Interpersonal multi-cultural skills
- Ability to share knowledge and coach site staff
- Administrative and Coordinating Skills
- Computer Skills and Proficiency in MS Office or similar software