This position holder is in charge of all Quality Assurance/Quality Control matters of Project Delivery, in addition to Quality Management System and of Project Management Procedure, responsible for all quality control activities designed to prevent defects or improve performance of the project. At the Project Delivery Stage, he shall be responsible in ensuring all works are implemented according to specifications and plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Quality Management System and of Project Management plan are implemented in a satisfactory level of quality in construction Quality Control activities.
- Schedule, coordinate, and ensure timely completion of Quality Assurance assessment activities with the construction QA/QC Team to designated Contractor.
- Verify that construction Quality Control personnel properly complete and document all on-site observations and tests required to ensure compliance with the Construction Specification and Standards.
- Ensure that any changes in approved drawings and specifications follow the change control procedures described herein and that, when appropriate, with approval from the Executive Technical Personnel.
- Identify quality control problems, initiate and recommend actions to Project Manager and/or Project Director to correct observed quality deficiencies.
- Involved in internal TMI reporting so that the Top management is kept abreast of Construction matters and of the overall reports of the Project.
- Closely coordinate with staff on the approved method and adaptation on all aspects of work and recording of works.
- Recommend removal and replacement of defective equipment and materials incorporated in the permanent project components prior to commissioning.
- Prepares and Maintain quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and results including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations of performed QA/QC processes.
- Check and Monitor any variation orders and extra works that are deemed necessary during the progress of the project activities.
- Prepare necessary documentation on change orders including details such as reasons for change, costs (deductive or additive) to justify the same and seek comments and approval of the Project Manager and/or the Project Director whichever is present.
- Consolidate weekly and monthly project status reports and change orders deemed necessary for the completion of internal ‘monthly progress report’ for management, office and file copy.
- Review and monitor quality control program of the EPC contractor for earthworks, concrete, steel works, etc. suitable for the project and other matters concerning the project.
- Organize overall progress reports of the project
- Assist in preparing the Quality Assurance portion of the Construction Certification Report at the completion of the project.
- Works actively with the contractor and project management teams to understand project objectives and priorities and to meet project objectives with regard to safety, cost control and schedule.
- Coordinate with the EPC contractor representative and Site in-charge for inspection and meeting about quality problems including the closure of Non-Compliance Report.
- Coordinates with the Documents Controller regarding the release of construction drawings, SOR & NCR documents
- Provide expert contribution in the completion of the Project Risk Management Plan
- Ensures that work under their control is carried out safely and without risks to health.
- Comply with requirements outlined in the environmental management plan.
- Stand for company on matters for instance quality assessment with respect to specifications, BOQ and other pertinent documents in such an instance that inconsistency may occur.
- Report to Project Management Team on contractor’s performances and project issues and generate reports as required.
- Evaluate final documents of the project which will include among others, operation and maintenance manuals, tests on completion and final project report/s.
- Reviews and monitors planned schedules against actual work progress. Develops action plan with contractor’s management team to address slippage in schedule and report/update status to Project Management Team.
- Evaluation regarding final clean-up prior to hand-over of the project.
- Complies with company policies and procedures, safety rules and practices.
- Conforms to the company’s Integrated Management Systems, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Reports any Integrated Management System events/incidents or potential events or other risks to the organization.
- Protects information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference by:
- Storing documents, forms, contracts, manuals, books and other documents to locked storage rooms/steel cabinets.
- Creating contracts with information security clauses in conformance to Information Management Systems Policies and Guidelines.
- Maintaining confidentiality and integrity of project cost estimates, feasibility studies, design drawings, design reports and calculations, and all other related documents.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by immediate superior consistent with the purpose of this role.
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Licensed Electrical Engineer
- 3 years of relevant industry experience in project execution of power or storage.
- 3 years of Project experience
- Planning and Forecasting project from NTP to Commercial Operation
- Risk Management
- Meeting facilitation
- Subject matter expert
- Engineering System Softwares (ACAD/ETAP/PSEE)
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Cebu City, Central Visayas, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening