The position is responsible for the proper execution of preventive and corrective maintenance activities on mechanical equipment equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all generating units during the shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs regular preventive and corrective maintenance work on machinery and equipment to ensure operational efficiency.
- Takes regular vibration readings of all major plant equipment using Microlog Analyzer and transmits data to Supervisor for interpretation and analysis.
- Performs troubleshooting defective machinery or mechanical equipment. Identifies causes and extent of malfunctions and implements corrective repair or recommends replacement.
- Conducts periodic physical inspections of running equipment to detect leaks and abnormalities and reports to concerned sections to rectify abnormalities.
- Keeps all equipment parts and arm linkages well-lubricated all the time following established lubrication parameters to ensure that all equipment do not break down due to bearing or rotating element failure.
- Assists other sections during repair of major equipment or installation, testing and commissioning of new mechanical equipment.
- Monitors the availability of spare parts, tools, materials and supplies to ensure continuing operations.
- Encodes spare parts and other items not yet registered in the Maximo system.
- Undertakes fabrication of spare parts thru machining works to fit the equipment, as well as other items needed by Operations (e.g. pipe racks, tables, chutes)
- Documents maintenance and repair activities. Submits report to Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology major in Mechanical Technology
- Preferably Registered Mechanical Engineer, but not required
- At least 1 year of experience in mechanical maintenance of a power plant or similar industry
- Preferably with NC II in Welding either Gas Tungsten Arc Welding / Tungsten Inert Gas (GTAW/TIG) or Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), but not required
- Knowledge of power generation methods and processes, machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational and environmental hazards and safety precautions, rules and regularizations.
- Knowledge on power generation machineries and equipment for troubleshooting and repair purposes.
- Knowledge on emergency response preparedness
- Oral and Written Communication skills
- Problem solving skills