This position is responsible for the gathering consolidating, monitoring and reporting result process/equipment performance testing and condition monitoring routine activities following established testing and condition monitoring procedures. Area of responsibility covers boiler, turbine-generator, standby gen-set, balance of plant and related auxiliaries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts vibration monitoring of critical rotating equipment in Power Block, Balance of the Plant and Coal Handling and prepare Vibration Analysis report with recommendations.
- Conducts thermal scanning of critical equipment such as Boiler, Transformer, MCCC, Switch Gears and other critical rotating equipment at Power Block and prepares thermal scanning and generate report with analysis of the gathered data with recommendation.
- Conducts oil sampling of all critical rotating equipment such as but not limited to Turbine, PA, SA, ID Fan, Boiler Feed Pump, Ship Unloader, Coal Handling Conveyor Gearbox, etc. These samples shall be properly labeled for sending to external oil laboratory. Report from the laboratory shall be consolidated together with all the analysis and recommendations.
- Gathers data of all heat exchangers such as, but not limited to, Condenser, HPH, LPH, Oil Coolers, PHE and Gas Air Heater to determine its heat transfer effectiveness and give recommendation to the maintenance team for the Preventive Maintenance needed.
- Assists balancing of fans, pumps and blowers conducted by third party or in-house team and generates analysis report before and after vibration test.
- Responds to on-call inspection or confirmation inspection of installed probe in the field.
- Generates report that can lead to Root Cause Analysis and provides corrective and preventive actions from it.
- Setup if vibration database, oil database and analysis. and reporting of all process equipment condition based on the analysis from the vibration data.
- Gathers, consolidates, monitors and reports result of process/equipment performance testing and condition monitoring routine activities.
- Ensures the accuracy, validity and integrity of test and condition monitoring data according to standard procedures and policy.
- Provides data to Chemical laboratory on their hydraulic oil root cause analysis or monitoring.
- Initiates the request for external for external calibration of the reliability test equipment such as, but not limited to, Vibration Instrument, UT instrument, etc.
- Provides recommendation and work request to Maintenance department based on the analysis and findings from the condition monitoring.
- Helps Maintenance department on their root cause analysis by given data or report that have analysis and recommendation.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineer
- At least 24 hours classroom training in condition-based monitoring
- At least 2 years in power plant as an electrical maintenance personnel
- Knowledge of power plant operations
- Knowledge of Dissolved Gas Analysis, Partial Discharge Test, and the likes
- Root Cause Analysis and Problem Solving Process
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)