Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) Control Engineer
- Maco, PhilippinesMaco, Compostela Valley, Philippines, Maco, Compostela Valley, PhilippinesMacoCompostela ValleyPhilippines
- Full time
The position is responsible for the efficient, reliable and safe operation of the Battery Energy Storage System, Ancillary and Auxiliary Equipment in accordance with work instructions.
Control Room Operation
- Implements start-up, shutdown and loading of BESS in coordination with the operation of all diesel generating units and auxiliaries according to work instructions and upon instruction of superior.
- Monitors various BESS operating systems and makes corrective action for any deviation from standard operating limits. Notifies Superior of performed corrective actions.
- Isolates the BESS, if needed, for safety and emergency purposes.
- Performs corrective measures as instructed by the Team Leader through remote control facilities or through the Engine Room Operator, Electrical Personnel, or Electrical Instrument Engineers
- Executes the proper implementation of PTW in accordance to the Safety policy.
Power Supply Monitoring and Coordination
- Liaises with End-users, AP ETS and NGCP on the real time dispatch together with the Control Room Engineer.
- Ensures plant’s compliance to Regulatory requirements (GMC, ERC, WESM, NGCP, DOE)
- Coordinates with the Shift Supervisor regarding proper scheduling of load and generation of energy on a daily basis.
- Sends a “Plant Nomination” schedule and figures of daily plant capability to AP ETS in coordination with CRE.
- Accomplishes monitoring log sheets recording activities and abnormalities and other necessary information, including all power plant operating data.
- Prepares daily highlights report on plant operations for submission to superior.
- Performs turnover activities at the end of the shift to the incoming BESS Control Engineer, specifically pertinent information on the condition and performance of the BESS, engines and auxiliaries, abnormalities that occurred and special instructions received from superior during the shift.
- Assists CRE in receiving and transmitting phone calls from and to Central Dispatching Center of customers concerning power plant operating conditions and load distributions and abnormalities of the grid
- Performs communication responsibilities as defined in the Emergency Response Plan.
- Supports and implements any Company-initiated programs.
- Coordinates with relevant stakeholders to support vendor operations to deliver their contracted services for the energy storage system and its auxiliary equipment.
- Prepares frequent analysis reports to continually monitor the to-date usage of the battery energy storage system and progressively improve the predicted performance of the battery energy storage system.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned by superior from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Licensed Electrical Engineer or Licensed Electronics and Communications Engineer
- 3-4 years experience in diesel engine-based power generating plant
- 1 year experience in Industrial Automation, Instrumentation and Control
- Knowledge on diesel engine-based power generating plant
- Experience in operation and maintenance in diesel engine-based power generating plant
- Experience in control room operation of diesel engine power plant
- Knowledge in Lithium Ion Battery operations and maintenance
- Knowledge in analyses and interpretation of BESS parameters trend.
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Maco, Compostela Valley, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.