Occupational Safety and Health Supervisor (For Benguet)
- La Trinidad, PhilippinesNAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, La Trinidad, Cordillera Administrative Region, PhilippinesLa TrinidadCordillera Administrative RegionPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
SAFETY CONTROL and EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
- Verifies and evaluates incidents/accidents/near misses reported by the ERT, assist ERT in determining the root causes and corrective actions taken to prevent recurrence.
- Assist in the conduct of investigation of incidents/accidents and near misses and submits separate report and analysis to the CHSC.
- Prepares and maintains an accident recording system (accident statistics, man-hours worked) and presents these during the team leaders’ meeting.
- Submits annual/quarterly incident/accident/near miss reports to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Regional Offices and the Bureau of Working Conditions (BWC).
- Identifies hazards (existing and potential), assesses risks, and implements controls to eliminate identified hazards.
- Maintains records of Health, Safety and activities and orientations, emergency preparedness drills conducted and maintenance of firefighting facilities.
- Prepares emergency preparedness plans, programs and responses to ensure risks are managed and mitigated; includes these in the existing emergency preparedness response procedures.
- Monitors, recommends and enforces use of personnel protective equipment.
- Prepares programs/activities in promoting housekeeping.
- Conducts regular and special HSE inspections in coordination with grids and prepares inspection reports that are transmitted to the respective ERT for reference/action.
CAPACITY BUILDING ON OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Coordinates with HRQ regarding Safety orientation and training programs; monitors and evaluates effectiveness of training programs of ERT in coordination with HRQ and Department Heads.
- Conducts safety lectures/trainings to contractors (construction projects and subcontracted works) regarding hazards to which they are exposed and conduct familiarization of work environment.
- Plans and implements the Annual Safety Competition in coordination with HRQ; assists ERT in the conduct of first aid refresher courses prior to safety day.
HEALTH and SAFETY COMMITTEE
- Supervises organization of CHSC.
- Schedules and conducts monthly meetings for the CHSC including preparation of the agenda and other related matters; takes minutes and disseminate results of meetings to the ERT (if applicable).
- Implements and enforces company rules and regulations including national, local and community laws pertaining to safety, health and security issues that may from time to time be prescribed.
- Collates approved safety and health recommendations for incorporation in the Safety Manual.
- Updates the company safety manual when necessary.
- Presents reports for discussion during the CHSC meeting; prepares the agenda and other related matters and takes minutes and disseminates results of meetings to the ERT
Will be responsible for leading and promoting the company’s safety and health programs.
- Must be a Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering (Mechanical/ Industrial/ Civil) or any degree relevant to the job
- Preferably a licensed engineer
- Preferably with working experience in the power industry
- Must have completed the 40-hour Basic Occupational Safety and Health Training Course as prescribed by the Bureau of Working Conditions
- With at least two (2) years of leadership experience
- With at least three (3) years of relevant experience in OSH; preferably an OSH Practitioner (accredited by the Bureau of Working Conditions – DOLE)
- 1 vacant position available in La Trinidad, Benguet
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Safety and Security
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 214 Ambuclao Road, Obulan, Beckel, La Trinidad, Benguet
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.