Occupational Safety and Health Manager
- La Trinidad, PhilippinesNAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, La Trinidad, Cordillera Administrative Region, PhilippinesLa TrinidadCordillera Administrative RegionPhilippines
- Full time
- Provides overall management of all programs and initiatives of Hedcor group towards its Occupational Safety and Health activities.
- Leads, improves, and ensures that all corporate OSH systems and activities are aligned with the directives and initiatives of AboitizPower, if found applicable in the current set-up.
- Ensures the compliance of facilities to legal requirements.
- Represents the company in national level program and policy formulations.
- Establishes the company (and industry) positions as part of the government and industry influencing process.
- Leads OSH and O&M technical studies involving: EIS, HAZOP, HAZID, risk assessments, feasibility and scoping studies, etc.
- Participates in the AP SHEQ Steering Committee in coordinating the efforts of 1AP harmonization of governance, programs and initiatives.
- Leads the identification of OSH challenges and recommends best possible solutions.
- Communicates the OSH Key Performance Indicators (KPI) based on best practices and operating models.
- Leads incident investigations and ensures that all essential elements are well tracked.
- Provides advice to facility focal points in securing OSH related permits.
- Analyzes OSH data and interprets trend of performance.
- Coaches facility focal points in the running of programs and initiatives.
- Maintains a register of follow-up actions and initiatives to address non-conformances based on reports.
- Ensures up-to-date compliance on OSH related statutory compliance of all projects/facilities.
- Leads third party OSH certification activities.
- Leads OSH audits on facilities to ensure compliance to corporate and legal requirements.
- Develops OSH programs and initiatives in anticipation of upcoming corporate and legal requirements.
- Coaches in the competency development of facility focal points.
- Implements and enforces company rules and regulations including national, local and community laws pertaining to Occupational Safety and Health issues that may from time to time be prescribed.
OTHER RELATED TASKS
- Evaluates performance of subordinates on a periodic basis to determine performance level and areas for improvement.
- Complies with company policies and procedures, safety rules and practices.
- Ensures that the department conforms to the company’s Integrated Management Systems policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures that the corresponding processes within the controllable functions are delivering their intended outputs.
- Ensures the promotion of customer focus throughout the organization.
- Ensures that the integrity of the quality management system is maintained when changes to the quality management system are planned and implemented.
- Reports any Integrated Management System events/incidents or potential events or other risks to the organization.
- Protects information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference by:
- Storing confidential data, forms, contracts, manuals, books and other documents to locked storage rooms/steel cabinets.
- Storing safety equipment, gadgets and other devices to locked storage rooms/ steel cabinets
- Creating contracts with information security clauses in conformance to Information Management Systems Policies and Guidelines.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by immediate superior consistent with the purpose of this role.
Will be responsible for managing on all Safety and Occupational Health matters covering all facilities/projects of the Hedcor Project Development and Execution Team. The incumbent serves as the group’s focal point and chief liaison officer on all OSH matters.
- Must be a Bachelor’s degree holder relevant to the job
- Preferably holds Post Graduate diploma/ Master’s Degree
- Must have completed the 40-hour Basic Occupational Safety and Health Training Course as prescribed by the Bureau of Working Conditions
- With at least 5 years of managerial experience
- With at least 7 years of relevant experience in OSH
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.